Didn't update - phone is running better

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by EmanP223, Dec 8, 2011.

1. EmanP223

EmanP223 New Member

So I am stock and didn't update and chose to sit back and see what happened. During that time I've noticed some improvements. Don't ask me how, but there is definitely a change. We all know about the occasional lose of data service with 4G but it seems that 4G comes in a little better and doesn't drop, as much. It still does, but not as much. The phone is actually faster too. My Quadrant scores used to be in mid 800's and the one yesterday was just under 1050. My Speed Test yesterday was 37167 download and 7716 upload. The inbox for email has changed inline with what everyone else is reporting that got the upgrade. Also battery life seems a little better but that's because I recalibrated it (ran it down to zero and then up to 100, turned on, repluged and back up to zero, etc. a few times). So I don't know how or why, but it is running better. And yes I did check, about a dozen times so far that I am still running Froyo.
  2. grantfer

grantfer New Member

It'll run even better after the OTA. BTW my quadrant score is like 1500 (whatever that means). :blink:
  3. EmanP223

EmanP223 New Member

No thaks, I'd rather just root it than continue to put up with it.
  4. da2zoe

da2zoe DF Super Moderator Staff Member

Quadrant scores don't really mean anything in real life but they are an indication of how fast your phone is processing things. Results can vary quite a bit. I like running it whenever I flash something new. I'm on Humble 5 rom with Tegrak overclock and V6 Supercharger and I'm getting scores from 2400-2600 :biggrin: Besides, I think it's fun to watch the animations...