Didn't like the iPhone 4s but the Droid 3 or 4... hmmm

OP
AZClimber

AZClimber

Reaction score
Installed Handcent but I guess these apps don't run within the phones system software so when I get a text I have to open the Handcent app instead of going directly to my text for it to work - Android or at least Gingerbread) is beginning to remind me of a outdated Microsoft product - basically three extra steps to take where there should be only one. So the question is will ICS be better, how long before the D3 gets ICS - 6 months? One year?

Last edited:

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Installed Handcent but I guess these apps don't run within the phones system software so when I get a text I have to open the Handcent app instead of going directly to my text for it to work - Android or at least Gingerbread) is beginning to remind me of a outdated Microsoft product - basically three extra steps to take where there should be only one. So the question is will ICS be better, how long before the D3 gets ICS - 6 months? One year?

I'm not familiar with Handcent but I assume, that you can alter some setting to "set as default" and such to get it to work in place of the Stock SMS app or have it have a pop-up thingy so it's there on unlock.

Personally on my set-up I just have the Messaging app on my homescreen so all I have to do is unlock and click the icon.

Jocojr

Reaction score

Actually you can have it set up to pop up like a iPhone.......and answer your texts as they come in without opening the program

rherron

Reaction score

You set Handcent up to work as the default text program. No extra steps needed. And set the default text program so that it doesn't notify you or else you'll get duplicate notifications. Once you get it set you'll like it. And you can skin it to look a lot of ways, including the iPhone skin (my preference )

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums