Did your new Rezound come wrapped up in plastic?

Mondingo

Reaction score
when you open the box to your new phone, was it covered in plastic wrapped up? I had to exchange mine at another best buy, and the one they pulled out of the box for me at the store had no protective covering on it. the first 1 I got was all wrapped in plastic andprotected. The guy told me it was brand new never used. I did notice fingerprints all over it. He told me that was just from him touching it. , I feel a little suspicious. But the phone is working fine. should I take it back to question them about it. Or have them pull another new 1 out of a box and see if that's wrapped up?unless they gave me a display model without me.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

mikeinctown

Reaction score
No plastic wrap, but there was a screen covering. And the battery was in plastic... They probably showed the phone to someone.

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
Mine did not even have a screen protector on it.. like my first one. I guess I am being to anal.. Just curious ..

JayAwhY

Reaction score
Had a bad experience at a local Best Buy in Colorado (Parker & Arapahoe) about a phone that was purchased that wasn't new when I got home and opened the box (dust/bubbles underneath the screen protector and finger prints w/ gunk on the power button). Don't be fooled by them, if there is no screen protector on it and and a bunch of finger prints on it, I don't consider that to be a new product. I shouldn't have to fork over a decent amount of money for something someone has already used/played with. I now check all products before walking out the door!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
Had a bad experience at a local Best Buy in Colorado (Parker & Arapahoe) about a phone that was purchased that wasn't new when I got home and opened the box (dust/bubbles underneath the screen protector and finger prints w/ gunk on the power button). Don't be fooled by them, if there is no screen protector on it and and a bunch of finger prints on it, I don't consider that to be a new product. I shouldn't have to fork over a decent amount of money for something someone has already used/played with. I now check all products before walking out the door!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
Thanks for the reply.. I was concerned about this. But I already walked out the door with it. All the hardware like the charger and the USB and headphones were still all wrapped in the box. Just the screen protector gone. I also called.Verizon on Friday and gave them the IMEI number for the phone and ask to check if this phone has ever been activated before. They said no. I feel maybe someone in the store wanted to see it before the display was up. It's all working perfectly. Should I just let it go?,I do have a warranty on it at least. I don't think they will give me another new one now anyway unless something is wrong with it. Hint. Lol

mikeinctown

Reaction score
FWIW, all the non corporate VZW stores I have been to only had dummy samples of this phone available. So if you actually want to touch one, see the screen, power up, or anything else, you needed to unbox one. Two different stores I stopped at had to unbox one just to look at, and when I picked mine up from Best Buy Mobile, the guy had none in store and picked one up for me from the BB across from the mall. So at least two people got phones that may have had no screen protector or may have had fingerprints on them. They were brand new except for someone flicking through the screens.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
FWIW, all the non corporate VZW stores I have been to only had dummy samples of this phone available. So if you actually want to touch one, see the screen, power up, or anything else, you needed to unbox one. Two different stores I stopped at had to unbox one just to look at, and when I picked mine up from Best Buy Mobile, the guy had none in store and picked one up for me from the BB across from the mall. So at least two people got phones that may have had no screen protector or may have had fingerprints on them. They were brand new except for someone flicking through the screens.

That is true with my local BB and RS. If someone wants to see an actual phone turned on then they will unbox one and turn it on and then put it back in the box. I've never asked them to do that, but I have seen it once or twice. I even had the local Verizon corporate store do that for me a couple of years ago when the working one on display was so screwed up from people playing with it.

S

SFGate

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Excellent advice. I noticed on my T-Mobile account page that they list my Galaxy Tab as "refurbished". Nobody told me they were selling me something used when I paid for mine. I didn't find this out until too late to do anything about it, but you can bet that someone will hear about it when I leave.

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
Thanks for for all the replies.. Since my phone has no issues as of right now, I will keep it. Had no scratches and no light leakage. My luck I swapp it out again and have a problem. Lol.

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
Ok guys! Will somebody please tell me why this is still eating me up inside. I know the shield was off already. And Verizon told me the phone has never been activated before. But I just feel like I did not get a new phone since the box was already opened and someone else already played with it. I paid a lot of money for a new phone and expected it to look new. There are no scratches and its working flawlessly. I just hope it wasn't a running display model that was on 24/7 and hundreds of people touching it. I would think they have to disclose that information to you. Right? Just say I am paranoid and to let it go.

JayAwhY

Reaction score
Ok guys! Will somebody please tell me why this is still eating me up inside. I know the shield was off already. And Verizon told me the phone has never been activated before. But I just feel like I did not get a new phone since the box was already opened and someone else already played with it. I paid a lot of money for a new phone and expected it to look new. There are no scratches and its working flawlessly. I just hope it wasn't a running display model that was on 24/7 and hundreds of people touching it. I would think they have to disclose that information to you. Right? Just say I am paranoid and to let it go.

If there is doubt, return it and tell them there is something wrong with it.... (maybe it keeps dropping the 4G LTE connection constantly, or perhaps it was accidentally left in the microwave w/o battery for 2 secs.. lol)

I wish all new phone were wrapped in plastic to eliminate any doubt like how all iPhones are sold.

I know some cell phone manufactures purposely go without the outer wrapping so they can sell the phone even if it has been tampered/touched/used so they can collect on the MSRP without having to discount the phone as used/open box.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
Thanks! I was thinking this same thing. Lol.. I am going on a trip back to where I originally bought the first Rezound. They are nicer and better understanding than my local Best Buy If I have a problem by then, I will return it there and get a new one. The Galaxy Nexus will be out also. Lol

kparks

Reaction score

I can assure you that it was not a display model they get pretty roughed up.. most likely they just pulled it out to show someone or someone changed there mind on buying it. and if there are no scratches and its running fine I would let it go ur gonna press ur luck and end up getting one that's fd up or sumn.. ur deff paranoid bro.. I don't know what u mean by wrapped up but all that's usually on them is a screen protector looking thing..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

shortie43506

Reaction score
I worried about mine not being new as well. I didn't think about it until I had some data problems and after the factory restore my wallpaper was different then what my phone originally had on it when I bought it. I also noticed a few little nicks that I know I haven't caused. Does a SIM card come in the original box when the phone is unpacked at a Verizon store? My guy had to go grab me a SIM from a drawer so in the box my phone came in there was no SIM.

Thanks