Did you get your google wallet card?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

nexusae0_jBAKf.png

Google Wallet Card is here (or ready to be sent out) all you have to do is access your Google Wallet account and request the card be sent. If you do not have a Google Wallet account, click this link to set one up. A smart, virtual wallet for in-store and online shopping ? Google Wallet

source: The Physical Google Wallet Card Is Real, And You Can Order One Now

Last edited by a moderator:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I just got one myself. I almost lost my wallet last month and was freaking out because its a royal pain to cancel all your cards and get new ones. I'll probably take my debit card out of my wallet and use this instead. That way if it gets lost, I can remove it from my Google Wallet account but not have to worry about all the other cards as they will be safe at home. At least thats what it looks like to me. However, I do want to get one of these: https://onlycoin.com/ That to me would be awesome. $50 though. Maybe I can buy one with my google play balance. I have like $40 on there =D.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Just ordered mine. Cool indeed, Google makes me happy.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just got one myself. I almost lost my wallet last month and was freaking out because its a royal pain to cancel all your cards and get new ones. I'll probably take my debit card out of my wallet and use this instead. That way if it gets lost, I can remove it from my Google Wallet account but not have to worry about all the other cards as they will be safe at home. At least thats what it looks like to me. However, I do want to get one of these: https://onlycoin.com/ That to me would be awesome. $50 though. Maybe I can buy one with my google play balance. I have like $40 on there =D.

Only coin looks like it has potential but need to see who all supports it before throwing down $50.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Only coin looks like it has potential but need to see who all supports it before throwing down $50.

Thats the cool thing, it works like a normal credit card. You don't have to be subscribed to a service or anything. You either take a picture of the card (front and back) or swipe the card through a small reader they can sell(?) you. If I recall, you can keep up to 8 different cards on the CoinCard. You press the button to cycle between the cards and when the person swipes it, shes none the wiser of what it is. My only concern was the button itself. The FAQs say it takes a bit of effort to press so it won't be easily pressed when handled normally. But if a cashier knows what the card is could press it and charge a different card. That IMO is annoying. But there is also a time period between when a card is selected and when it can be changed. I don't know what that time frame is but it does help ease my worries.

Big Ry

Reaction score
So basically this is identical to a PayPal card. You need to add money to your wallet balance to be able to make purchases. And of course there's a fee for doing it with a credit card. Also it's a MasterCard which is far less commonly accepted than visa. I don't see this going anywhere

Tapped from my G2