Did you get one of these from VZW today? What the heck is this?

anuraj1

Reaction score
I opted out when I got it. I work for a telecommunications company, and customer CPNI is supposed to be kept completely secret at all times. Even from spouses if they aren't specifically listed on the account. Although sometimes spouses can get the info if they know the account holder's SSN. In any case, it basically allows other companies to aggressively market products to you because they can see what you have/don't have. VZW is probably selling it to some marketing firms (but before you get upset, know that all companies do if you agree to it.) At least VZW is using a separate notification, usually you end up just agreeing to it in the fine print with most companies.

So if you don't want to be bothered with telemarketers, opt out. If you think that being specifically marketed to by outside companies may save you money somehow, then go ahead and allow it.

jayman350

Reaction score
yeah I got that, and opted out in like 5 seconds. I don't need people hassling me on my cell phone, I get enough of that crap on my home phone.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
+1 I feel bad for anyone who doesn't know what theyre signing up for and just assumes Verizon knows what's best for them for whatever reason...

Sent from my ThunderBolt using DroidForums

VZW_CS

Reaction score
Cpni

I don't know why....but I am thinking I should opt out....did you guys get this?
View attachment 35565

Hi,

I just want to make it clear what you received. CPNI (Customer Proprietary Network Information) is information about the quantity, technical configuration, type, destination, location, and amount of use of telecommunications services a customer has purchased from Verizon Wireless and its affiliates, including local and toll information on bills.

Examples include:

-Number of voice and data lines activated
-Type of calling plans selected
-Discount tiers
-ARPU (Average Revenue Per User)
-Call detail information

Note: While account numbers / mobile telephone numbers are not classified as CPNI, this information is diligently protected in verbal, written, and electronic form.

It is up to you to opt-out of this option, but I assure you that your mobile number or personal information is not being shared, nor has ever been shared by Verizon Wireless. Our customer's account security is very important to us.

Thank you!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport