Did you get headphones with your Thunderbolt?

screwuguys

Reaction score
Hi guys quick question. Did anyone receive headphones with your HTC Thunderbolt? My box did not contain any yet when I looked at the Thunderbolt manual online is states that inside the box should have been a 3.5mm stereo headset (Not a biggie as I'm sure they would have been a cheap variety). Tried looking online, but couldn't find an answer anywhere. Thanks! p.s. Great site. I've been coming here for over the last 3 months for all my thunderbolt news. Also I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong section/forum. Have a great day!

ionide

Reaction score
I didn't. It's not listed as coming with it on the verizon website, where I ordered mine.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

sportadic22

Reaction score
ya that pdf said soo.. but i didnt receive any either..from Verizon store

*86eyerok*

Reaction score
I didn't get any headphones either. Only the phone, charger and book was in the box.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
None for me either, but that's ok cuz usually those headphones suck and I already have some high quality ones myself (Grado, Razer, etc...).

Honestly thought the Verizon dude took them for himself or forgot to put them back in when he roughly unpackaged my Thunderbolt. But then I saw other people without headsets too.

rlfitz

Reaction score
No headphones here either. You need them for the FM radio to work. Which is my only complaint about this phone. HTC screwed up with the design of the radio in my opinion. I have a set of stereo bluetooth headphones that i use to listen to music. Because you need the wired set plugged in for the antenna i cant use my bluetooth headset to listen to the radio. Cant even select to use the bluetooth even with the wired set plugged in acting as the antenna. Thats no better than listening to the radio on my ****ty ipod. Almost a home run with the thunderbolt.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The PDF that leaked did say that it would be in the box, but if you look at the manual that comes with the TB it does not.. So the leak was not the exact same as what really got released.. sucks.. was bummed when I found out, but ce la vie.. I got a good set of headphones already..

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No headphones here either. You need them for the FM radio to work.

Incorrect, You can use a 1/8" mini cable as an antenna.

The.Professor

Reaction score

Can you explain what you mean by that statement? Are you saying that I can listen to the radio via my phone's speaker instead of a headset?

If that is the case, could you link me to the part I would need?

rlfitz

Reaction score
No headphones here either. You need them for the FM radio to work.

That will only work if you wanna listen to the radio on the speakerphone. Doesnt address my issue of not being able to use my stereo bluetooth headphones at all. Pointless doing it that way. You can select to use the speakerphone with the earbuds plugged in as the antenna. Its just a design failure on HTC's part. Hopefully they can fix it in an update somehow.