Did y'all see this? LOL

arsenutsjr

Reaction score
LOL.. Mac people suck. (no offense) I never got the whole concept as to why iPhone are so cool.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
thanks new2u, that makes me feel better.
do u think motorola might do something like iphone did with the cheap upgrade if them come out with a droid 2? or will most of the problems just be fixed with firmware upgrades and stuff anyway?

I doubt they will do anything like that. The reason the apple did it was because they first one they came out with, while great at it's time, had MANY flaws in it. Apple saw this and fixed a whole new unit within a year and gave their consumers a break if they bought the first one. Unlike the first Iphone alot of droid issues are more software based. Which can always be fixed in OTA updates.

darreno1

Reaction score
Damn, I think I lost a few IQ points reading that garbage. I couldn't even finish it. Any really honest person who's used an Iphone 3gs will tell you, that even with the newest updates, it can be quirky. Apple has not fixed all the quirks with that phone and how many updates have there been? That article itself seemed like it was written by a 10 year old, if that.

Quirks will happen here and there, but I haven't experienced anything with my Droid that would cause me to question its reliability. And I'm sure many will share that very same sentiment. True, the physical keyboard is not anything like a Blackberry's, but with a little time, it gets much easier to use (and that goes for anything really). The virtuals are much better and most people use those anyway. I guess it's ok for Apple to have to continually put out updates to fix all sorts of bugs and instability, but a first gen product from another company must be perfect or else it's labeled 'crap'.

Last edited:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Honestly Steve Jobs knows that if he lets it go open source and let people do what they want like you can in android the phone will blow up like a cheap toy. That's why he keeps it locked down. That way the morons can't hurt it and whine and complain.

Personally I love my Droid and I've had it since day one and it's still an addiction to me. Maybe it should be called DCrack. I like the fact you can customize it and have widgets and download things that make it act completely different than the phone you got.

The hardware is steel, glass and a little plastic - it's a little heavy but I like it. The blackberry will always have the best keyboard on the market but I am getting used the the droids keyboard and I like to have more characters on the keyboard than the blackberry can fit. Also I find that I am not so bad at the virtual keyboard every so often.

I can never go back to a Blackberry after this - it's too much fun and it does all of the stuff the blackberry did.

As far as the IPhone - I would have bought one if two things had been different. One - it had to be on Verizon - AT&T is terrible. Second it has to have a hardware keyboard. The Droid has what I need now and it's a keeper.

silverx10

Reaction score
Guess I should count my blessings that I have no idea who the moron is.

We're all entitled to our own opinion, but his right to even SPEAK was shot down the second he said, and I quote, "The keyboard is horrible and I’ve never used it [...]"

The keyboard is terrible, and you've never used it.

How the hell can you pass judgment on a feature you've never used?

Essentially, that more or less (to me) makes the rest of his idiotic onslaught a moot point.

The blackberry will always have the best keyboard on the market...

I've tried the keyboards on several different Blackberries (namely the Bold and Tour), and they just... I dunno, they seemed odd to use. The DROID isn't perfect, but I'll be damned if it didn't fit my hands better than the Blackberry's.

Point being, different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:

CKyle22

Reaction score
I agree with him about BB keyboards. I haven't used a better one yet. Maybe that'll change when I finally get my Droid.

Milehighjc

Reaction score
That article is a way to drive negative traffic to his website so that he gets more ad views. Again, lots of this stuff is tought by the big internet marketers. You can say that it is working for him and it's starting to gain him more traffic and views.

^ This. No way he gets all the traffic and comments if he writes a well thought out comparison between iPhone and Droid. No traffic, no $$.