Did y'all see this? LOL

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
I don't know--after reading the comments to the article I actually forgot anything which was said because the comments were so entertaining. :)

- Mega

tktouch12

Reaction score
that was funny, but i dont get my droid until christmas :(
so question: is there any truth to any of that? things i should be worried about? (dont worry, im super excited to get this phone either way)

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
1.) Take a look at the customer response of what the DROID currently is, and what it can do now.
2.) Take a look <imagine> at what it will be able to do / is possible in the coming months.
3.) Take a look at all of the iDrones who have converted and are super satisfied.

All of this? = You'll be a happy elf @Christmas. :)

- Mega

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
that was funny, but i dont get my droid until christmas :(
so question: is there any truth to any of that? things i should be worried about? (dont worry, im super excited to get this phone either way)

Not much at all. It is his personal opinion of the product. He apparently loves the Iphone, and that is his right as a consumer. I will give him that, I don't think the physical keyboard was brought in with much forethought, it is moderate to decent when you've used it long enough, but i still prefer the virtual keyboard.

There are some apps that don't work. The reason is because the app marketplace doesn't differentiate between those for 2.0 and those for prior OS releases. While most for prior releases work just fine, some unfortunately do not. Unlike him i've not had a problem with receiving or placing phone calls, ever. I think it is more to the fact that he's been using the Iphone for so long he's just used to how that works, which is understandable and I won't fault him on that. I have also never had an app not come up, ever. I've got around 40 apps installed and usually around 10-15 running at all times, i have had once or twice the android OS went to 100% cpu usage and i had to power it down. (twice in 1 month) I don't think it's that bad for being the first 2.0 system out. Just wait for a update or two, and things like that should be zero'd out.

To his whole phone problem, i have not had that happen ever, things respond just as quickly as they have for anything else. And to date i've never heard of anyone else having that same problem either. (Not saying others haven't, just none that I know of)

While I may agree with him that i think that motorola did push this product out maybe a couple weeks too early to meet deadlines, but so far i haven't seen that effect it in many ways other then a big Microsoft Exchange overlook. Other then that, phones have bugs that get worked out. And whether he wants to admit it or not, the iphone of today is not the iphone of yesterday. The iphone started out with many bugs and issues, and is why apple offered a reduction in price to those who upgraded to the next model, they knew it sucked, just as much as the consumer did. Don't expect a godly unit as the first unit to have a new operating system.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
"The hardware (which is Motorola’s) mostly works. The keyboard is horrible and I’ve never used it..."

I stopped reading right there. You can't hate what you haven't used.

The same spot where I stopped reading. What an idiot!!!!

Exactly. Admits to not using it but hates it. You can't even take a word he says seriously after that comment. I hated it too when I looked at it, but after using it I changed my mind. Not to say that's the case with everyone but you have to USE something to make an informed opinion.

This guy is the PROTOTYPE for fanboi.

tktouch12

Reaction score
thanks new2u, that makes me feel better.
do u think motorola might do something like iphone did with the cheap upgrade if them come out with a droid 2? or will most of the problems just be fixed with firmware upgrades and stuff anyway?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I was talking about this article in another thread yesterday. Anybody that reads that and has one oz of common sense knows that the article is an all out lie.

I don't know what his motives were when he wrote that but it was painfully obvious he just was just vomiting nonsense all over the place.

Its reads like a 9 year old throwing a temper tantrum. If a writer is going to write a scathing review at least have some truth in there.

ronimous

Reaction score
Here's my response:

I had an Iphone, until I moved to a new area and had zero service. I loved my Iphone and would have kept it forever, except it just plain didn't work here. Zero bars.

Switched to Verizon and had the Storm, which I hated. Missed my Iphone dearly. Stared longingly at it up on the bookshelf.

Got a Droid, and I have forgotten about my Iphone. I've never had any of the issues to which this author claims. It works perfectly. I prefer everything from the pattern to unlock to the simplicity of the camera. The ability to customize and make the phone my own WITHOUT jailbreaking is awesome.

The Iphone will stay on the shelf, or perhaps find it's way to Ebay

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
The iDrone will stay on the shelf, or perhaps find it's way to eBay...

Or, do what I did... buy a car stero head unit and forever have it attached--or--buy a clock radio and have it forever docked. (Did that too with my Nano.) That way, you have your DROID to do all of the other things like making calls / surfing the web / turn-by-turn directions / listen to MP3's on the go / etc.! :icon_ banana:
- Mega

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
guy feels like his iphone is no longer superior but is a apple sackrider, so he bashes his new device. one would not carry it for a month if they couldn't stand it like he does

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Droiid

I found this comment funny..

1. Droidum Says:
    November 30th, 2009 at 7:45 am I went through your blog and tried everything on my Droid that you mentioned you were having issues with and did not have a single problem… In fact I even downloaded the multi-touch browser from dolphin… you said you had to wait 20 to 30 seconds for you contacts to show up… How many contacts do you have… I have 196 and counting and I intentionally searched for a users at the bottom of the list… it popped up in half a second. Either you just got a bad phone or you’re not capable of using a real smartphone. I would suggest one of the following… either put the training wheels back on and go back to AOL… oh I mean the iPhone or go back to the Verizon Store so they can show you how to use the one you have. If neither of those works for you I would suggest you find the box the phone came in, re-wrap it in the original packaging and type a letter. Next you should go to your local FEDEX. Once there put the FEDEX slip on the box with delivery to Verizon. Then place the letter you wrote with the phone, which should say I’m too stupid to use this phone, please refund!!!

808droid

Reaction score
That article is a way to drive negative traffic to his website so that he gets more ad views. Again, lots of this stuff is tought by the big internet marketers. You can say that it is working for him and it's starting to gain him more traffic and views.