Did Verizon slow down the speed of LTE?

bubbasmith58

Reaction score
I haven't been getting even close to 10Mbps lately. I was thinking it was just my phone but when I was at the Verizon store today speeds were that slow on all their devices. Tried it on Razr, Bionic and GNex. All were slow. What happened to 20+Mbps?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Zandar

Reaction score
There are probably more people on the towers in your area (or you could have had a tower go down in an adjacent area, thus increasing your traffic). The 10-30Mbps speeds probably won't be typical; it's more like 5-7Mbps in my area since we don't have many towers so there's congestion. Still a lot better than 3G, though.

Sliced from my RAZR

xtor

Reaction score
How do i check speed on stock razr

you've been sliced by droid razr

xtor

Reaction score
I figured it out, got a app

you've been sliced by droid razr

bbtkd

Reaction score
I haven't been getting even close to 10Mbps lately. I was thinking it was just my phone but when I was at the Verizon store today speeds were that slow on all their devices. Tried it on Razr, Bionic and GNex. All were slow. What happened to 20+Mbps?

It's just you....actually more like just where you are at a certain time where there is either a heavy load or system problems.

OP
B

bubbasmith58

Reaction score
When I tried at home it was the same speed as when I tried it at the Verizon store at the mall of america, 2 hours from my normal area.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I haven't seen a decrease in speed here in the bay area.

My average speeds results here at home:

ermlR.png

C2Cab95

Reaction score
I'm consistently getting between 10-12+ mbps in fairly rural NW Arkansas which is on par with my home WIFI. I'll be heading to Michigan to visit family in a couple weeks and was planning to speed test my phone in Springfield, MO, St. Louis, MO, Springfield, Ill., Chicago, Ill., and Grand Rapids, MI... as well as some of the more rural areas where I can get 4G. I can report what my results are if anyone is interested.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pretty much 10 across the board for me (far north dallas)?

----posted maxx'ed out----

OP
B

bubbasmith58

Reaction score
It is much better today.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is much better today.

It is all about bandwidth. In the morning, 6am I routinely get 30MBPs dl and 20MBPs ul. Those drop during peak times (evenings, etc).

I have documented my problems with 4G on this board. I had it from getting my Razr on 11/11/11, until about mid jan at home. Then it went away for 3 weeks. Called Verizon, they claimed no changes. Sent out a replacement handset, still only 3G. Then early last week we suddenly could connect to 4G again at home and have a solid 4 or 5 bar signal.

However, I was getting 40MBps prior to all this, it has slowed down. I am sure it is due to more people being on the area towers.

walkerstempe

Reaction score
Going on week 3 with my bionic. Download speedtest started at 20mb, now lucky to get above 1.5mb. Uploads usually close to 9mb. Verizon sending new headset. Will see what happens
Tempe, AZ resident. Things seemed to get worse after update.
CPO phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

JackDN

Reaction score
Am in the Phoenix area and am lucky to get uploads around 1mb and downloads around 3.9mb with droid razr. I get better speeds using 3G instead of 4G...consistant 4-5 bar signal on 3G and 2-3 bar signal on 4G. Speeds have definitely been getting worse since the update.