Did Verizon Sell 800,000 Droids Already?

lauriep

Reaction score
Except for the twit's review that is linked in the article...

Milehighjc

Reaction score
Read the negative review as well... All I can say is that my experience is NOTHING like his. There are some things that I would like to see improved, but the only things crashing on mine are apps Ive downloaded, and when that happens they are promptly un-installed.

Ive had two instances (in almost two weeks) where I needed to power it off, and back on again to get my email to sync... other than that, the Droid is performing flawlessly - exceeding my expectations so far.

Having said all that, my previous Treo 755P was pretty much flawless for its first year, then started having LOTS Of problems. Will see how the Droid holds up.

jc

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
800,000 units... NICE!! the real winner here is Motorola... but VZ and Google didn't do too shabby themselves

P3Droid

Reaction score
Yeah lets go Droid, not because it is the end all/be all but competition is good for the consumer. The more high end phones with great functionality we have the lower the price will be.

The moronic post that the article refers to is off base and generally self-serving. Then again I have yet to see someone who uses an Iphone pass on praise to another device.

My experience with this phone has been 180 degrees from his and I almost venture to say that he is full of b.s.

P.S. - I'm happy to see moto back in the game, they made my first cell phone that I bought in 1992.

3340232536_5b3936ddfd.jpg

Last edited:

tu3218

Reaction score
I love it :). the droid really is an amazing device and its the first phone that everyone always asks me "is that a droid". Not only did Motorola do a great job on creating an amazing device, I think the marketing campaign is whats really led to this. Everyone is seeing this phone on tv and everyone knows about it. I'm pumped to be apart of this i know thats for sure!!

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
VZ droid/coverage commercials are fantastic, and i love to see ATT/Apple scrambling to spit out those horrid Luke Wilson commercials :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Yeah lets go Droid, not because it is the end all/be all but competition is good for the consumer. The more high end phones with great functionality we have the lower the price will be.

The moronic post that the article refers to is off base and generally self-serving. Then again I have yet to see someone who uses an Iphone pass on praise to another device.

My experience with this phone has been 180 degrees from his and I almost venture to say that he is full of b.s.

P.S. - I'm happy to see moto back in the game, they made my first cell phone that I bought in 1992.

This is my favorite quote in the whole thing.

"The keyboard is horrible and I’ve never used it"

hahahaha whut whut?

"Thai food is horrible and I've never ate it"

Yeah the whole article is pretty funny because you know it's all nonsense. Thats just ridiculous of him to write those things. If that were true, and I say IF, he must have had a unit that was submerged in water, ran over and dropped from a 2 story building then given to him.

OP
StupidGenius

StupidGenius

Reaction score
After I read it, I found it funny that the article had to link to some obscure post to find a scathing review. All the larger, more legitimate sites (i.e., Engaget, Computerworld, Gizmodo) all give the Droid a big thumbs up.

P3Droid

Reaction score

This is my favorite quote in the whole thing.

"The keyboard is horrible and I’ve never used it"

hahahaha whut whut?

"Thai food is horrible and I've never ate it"

Yeah the whole article is pretty funny because you know it's all nonsense. Thats just ridiculous of him to write those things. If that were true, and I say IF, he must have had a unit that was submerged in water, ran over and dropped from a 2 story building then given to him.

CK, congrats on being a mod. The post is horribly biased and shame on the other article for linking to it.

I think we can help Moto/VZW get over the hump by creating our own biased blogs and posting articles that get referenced as well. Then we will see 2,000,000 droids sold.

my nonsensical statement: F-16s are the best fighter jet built but I have not flown one. :icon_ banana: :icon_ banana:

dbarrett480

Reaction score
Most of what he said was nonsense, like the part about "pocket dialing" people. It isn't possible because the phone has a screen lock on it that you can't disable...unless you had just barely got off a call when the phone was already in your pocket, but even then we have something called a proximity sensor. Sounds like an iphone fanboy at heart.