Did the Scholes root... questions

Twoo

Reaction score
I followed the directions, unselected first screen, selected second screen, etc, etc, etc.

Phone rebooted 3 times and is finally stable... BUT. I don't have any 2.1 anything. No pinch to zoom, my app slider is exactly the same (not the 3d like 2.1). I do have the 2.1 widgets and the gallery though...

I'm sure this has been talked to death but I read the 100 plus pages and yeah...

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Spelled Sholes.

The newest ROM (2.0.5) does not have the 3d app launcher from 2.1 anymore because it sucks. For the multitouch browser, you have to choose that option when flashing the ROM.

OP
T

Twoo

Reaction score
Spelled Sholes.

The newest ROM (2.0.5) does not have the 3d app launcher from 2.1 anymore because it sucks. For the multitouch browser, you have to choose that option when flashing the ROM.

I did select it so I thought...

If I made a mistake and did not select it how do I go about selecting it? Do I have to erase and redo everything?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just click the app, flash 2.0.5 again, and select what you want in the options....it's pretty easy actually

OP
T

Twoo

Reaction score
Just click the app, flash 2.0.5 again, and select what you want in the options....it's pretty easy actually

Doing it now. Thanks!

Just to restate...

the first page I UNSELECT what I want to keep, the second page I SELECT what I want to keep and the third page I UNSELECT what I don't want?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I followed the directions, unselected first screen, selected second screen, etc, etc, etc.

Phone rebooted 3 times and is finally stable... BUT. I don't have any 2.1 anything. No pinch to zoom, my app slider is exactly the same (not the 3d like 2.1). I do have the 2.1 widgets and the gallery though...

I'm sure this has been talked to death but I read the 100 plus pages and yeah...

Just guessing. I paid 5.00 so I'm not certain but it sounds like you just rooted and didn't install the sholesmod.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Doing it now. Thanks!

Just to restate...

the first page I UNSELECT what I want to keep, the second page I SELECT what I want to keep and the third page I UNSELECT what I don't want?

No.......whatever has a * beside it is what you will get.....

Where did you read this?

OP
T

Twoo

Reaction score

Doing it now. Thanks!

Just to restate...

No.......whatever has a * beside it is what you will get.....

Where did you read this?

I guess I misread. DOH. Thank you for all your help =)

hacku

Reaction score
The first 2 pages you put an * next to the apps you WANT TO INSTALL. The 3rd page you place an * next to the apps you WANT TO REMOVE.

Just read the instructions on each page and it clearly tells you what to do... ;)

OP
T

Twoo

Reaction score
Worked, I have everything I wanted.

Just... my alarm clock says "not installed" not and won't open *sigh*

R1Lover

Reaction score

Doing it now. Thanks!

Just to restate...

READ the SCREEN....

the first page you SELECT what YOU WANT TO INSTALL

The second page you SELECT what YOU WANT TO INSTALL

The third page you SELECT WHAT YOU WANT TO KEEP, what you DONT SELECT will be REMOVED.

OP
T

Twoo

Reaction score
Thanks =)

Just need to figure out how to get my alarm clock back!

OP
T

Twoo

Reaction score
Nevermind, I have to use the clock app for my alarm clock now.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or you could just download another alarm clock from the Market...maybe one you like better