Did the Motorola Droid Bionic just clear the FCC?

bplewis24

Reaction score
It's basically only useful in non-4G areas. The Thunderbolt does it by adding an extra radio to the PCB. That's one reason why it's so huge/thick.

Brandon

spider210

Reaction score
Maybe. If you're getting an LTE phone and trying to use voice and data over 3G....what's the point of getting the LTE phone then? And the Thunderbolt isn't a bad phone if you wanted that feature. Personally, I don't want the Thunderbolt because of the bugs and the battery life.

it would be a nice feature to have for those not in 4g and while traveling its a nice feature that many would like to have.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Maybe. If you're getting an LTE phone and trying to use voice and data over 3G....what's the point of getting the LTE phone then? And the Thunderbolt isn't a bad phone if you wanted that feature. Personally, I don't want the Thunderbolt because of the bugs and the battery life.

So in other words Simultaneous Voice and Data only works in 4G LTE areas and not areas that are 3G? Is this correct?

kd.android

Reaction score

So in other words Simultaneous Voice and Data only works in 4G LTE areas and not areas that are 3G? Is this correct?

As far as one can tell (from the FCC filings), that's correct.

\kd

spider210

Reaction score

\kd

Unless its like the thunderbolt it looks this way :(

Sent from my DROIDX

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

\kd

Correct. Only the Thunderbolt can do voice and data over 3G. The Bionic should be able to do it over 4G.

spider210

Reaction score
Oh so quiet...

everyone i know like wants this phone and its all because of the hype....

Sent from my DROIDX

das2042

Reaction score
The only hype there is is us in these damn forums! Nothing from Motorola or Verizon. One would think if this is supposed to be the next big thing they'd give us something a lot more solid.
Darn built up aggression...anybody else about to explode?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

anuraj1

Reaction score
Yes, the lack of information is driving me nuts. It seems like all I do all day is search for info on this device.

das2042

Reaction score
Me too, I'm consumed by this phone. I read these damn forums religiously about 4 hours a day. I think a divorce is in my future. This phone better be worth it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums