Did the gingerbread update ruin this phone?

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
So i went into Verizon with my buddy who has a droid 2 an guys this wasnt my first time going in with him. He has a problem with his wifi an constant restarts of his phone. So basically he told the guy his problems an the sales guy pretty much said"too bad". His words we're "it seems like since the latest update we've had these issues. theres no point in us sending you a different phone because it will have the issues as well"

I was like wow what a prick. You have no idea how to treat a customer. So we left the store as my friend thought that was that, but come on. Is this what customer service is now?

Sent from Liger Zero's cockpit

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The GB update on the D2 made it extremely unstable. I will not buy another Motorola product.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Jonas

Reaction score
The GB update on the D2 made it extremely unstable. I will not buy another Motorola product.

That's kinda like buying a BMW, then getting bad tired put on it and blaming the car. This update was from android, and not from motorola. The issue is with Verizon and Android, not Motorola. This update also came out on HTC, and Samsung phones, which also had problems with it.

Sent from my Banana Phone

Jonas

Reaction score
So i went into Verizon with my buddy who has a droid 2 an guys this wasnt my first time going in with him. He has a problem with his wifi an constant restarts of his phone. So basically he told the guy his problems an the sales guy pretty much said"too bad". His words we're "it seems like since the latest update we've had these issues. theres no point in us sending you a different phone because it will have the issues as well"

I was like wow what a prick. You have no idea how to treat a customer. So we left the store as my friend thought that was that, but come on. Is this what customer service is now?

Sent from Liger Zero's cockpit

I would have asked to talk to a manager for him being rude about it, but he does sorta have a point. It is a problem with Gingerbread, that's being worked out.

MrsMartinez0709

Reaction score
I have a Droid X and have been problems also since the update. My phone will not hardly charge or hold a charge. I thought that it was the batter so I bought a new one. Still had the problem. I thought it was the USB charger I was using so I got a new one of those too. I tried starting the phone in safe mode and if finally started charging but it would never get more than 20%. I tried to reset the phone but you have to have at least 25% battery to reset it. So I waited. I finally got it to 40% after nearly 2 days of charging it! I did the reset and it worked and got all the way up to 80% then the problems started again! Im so upset about this! I never had a problem with my Droid until this update. I also took my phone into Ntelos the company I am with and they basically said the same thing. "Theres nothing we can do. Hopefully android will fix the bugs." Well they need to fix them like NOW! I have to talk on the phone with it plugged in. I have a 2 year old, I also have medical issues and my husband is in the navy. I need constant contact. No one seems to be able to fix my problem! HELP!

comk4ver

Reaction score
Flash back to froyo! And don't root and if you do root don't mess with the preloaded apps...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
I had the freezing and random reboot problems. I had to do a factory reset and it cleared up ALL of the problems for now. Yay for my D2 working again lol.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I finally got tired of all the random reboots. I flashed MIUI and I'm loving it.

rbw62

Reaction score
Sounds like Thunderbolt all over.
So those who could not wait to get rid of TB now have same or worse problems. Good ole Big Red!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's kinda like buying a BMW, then getting bad tired put on it and blaming the car. This update was from android, and not from motorola. The issue is with Verizon and Android, not Motorola. This update also came out on HTC, and Samsung phones, which also had problems with it.

Except that the failed processes are mostly Blur failures.

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
I've had an opposite experience with gingerbread... when on froyo, my phone would not charge past 40% and got super hot. After gingerbread, all my issues are gone. However, I did root it and am using Go Launcher as well as bloat freezer. My phone still reboots and freezes sometimes, but maybe once a month or so.

D2G rooted.

Cwagmire

Reaction score
After long awaiting GB, I too am having far more issues with the new update than Froyo. I feel like these companies have too many lines of phones and the fragmenting of the OSes on each doesn't help. VZW and Motorola don't really seem to care about the Droid 2 anymore. I can't remember when it released, but I've had mine since August 2010 and the Droid 3 has come out since then and the Droid 4 is soon to debut. I don't like this method of business: sell the phone then little to no support for it. :(