"Did something BAD?" & 3:00A.M. phone dialing!

Reaction score
Could use everyone's help please---I think I might've accidentally did something BAD.....

This A.M. I was in the middle of a phone call with my boss when the Dec. 11 update said it wanted to start so I said, "do update later" or however it was worded.

When I went to do the install I saw some warning about "open home" needing to be force stopped and then all data about the update disappearred. My phone is indicating that there are no updates available but where it says "about phone..it says Firmware 2.0"

Unless that update took about 3-4 seconds and doesnt change from 2.0 to 2.01 I think something occurred to "kill my update." Anyone have any ideas/input? Is there some kind of "proof" your update has downloaded. I really dont think mine did.

Also,for all of you that participated in the thread about the phone calls being made by your phones wihile you slept ........My life is very stressful and I truly dont laugh often but your comments about the droids all taking over, etc. were so darn funny!!! You guys were so clever. The thread even had a BONUS VOCABULARY WORD....I had to look up "perspicacious autonomy" and would just love to throw that out in a sentence someday-LOL http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...moto-droid-calling-people-middle-night-8.html

Barb

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
settings > about > scroll to the bottom and it will have firmware version: should say 2.0.1.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Barb,

If for some reason the OTA update is gone you can always manually update. Although I can't see the OTA update just 'disappearing'.

OP

Reaction score
Thats what I thought

Yup, as I said it still shows "firmware 2.0"

I wish now I had told my boss I had to "go" and let my first update to the phone go through right then but I never thought it would be "GONE" if I said install later.

The only sign something was odd was the message about "open home" needing a force stop and then the update no longer showed as being available.

I wonder if I can "manually" get my update somehow???

Barb

bbtkd

Reaction score
I suggest that you download and install either Astro or OI File Manager. Either will allow you to look at your SD card and see if there is an update.zip file there. If there is, then you should be able to follow the manual install instructions; power on while pressing 'x', then when the '/!\' appears hold the volume up button and then press the camera button. This will start the upgrade.

If the file is not on your SD card then I suggest seeing if it tries again tonight. If not, then you'll have to do the whole manual install thing.

It really should be nagging you every 30 minutes to upgrade, but perhaps whatever tells it to do that was lost somehow. Did you try powering down and then back up?

madrsx

Reaction score
have you tried going into Settings > About Phone > System Updates and seeing if the update is available before manually installing it? it seems that once you get the notification, you should be able to do it this way.

OP

Reaction score
Yes, kept checking

Initially I wasnt worried at all, figured my update would be sitting in the notification bar and would "nag me" every 1/2 hour until it was installed....

I turned phone on and off a couple of times then proceeded to get upset.

Getting this phone was the first "technological treat" I've had in a VERY LONG TIME" and darn it I want that first update-LOL.

Barb :)

bots

Reaction score
If you dont wanna do the manual thing you should get the OTA again sooner or later. Try going into date/time settings and set the date forward one day, reboot and see if you get a notification. Don't forget to set the time/date back to auto!

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
just goto

menu > settings > about phone > system updates

this will let you initiate the update manually if you have already been notified.

OP

Reaction score
not listed

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me....guess ill try the manual update. .... some ppl misunderstood. ....the update was available for about 8 seconds then DISAPPEARED!! That's why I wrote here....thought that was strange.

Thanks again.....hope everyone enjoys their droids today. :)
:)