did rom manager break my phone??? help!

bmb0205

Reaction score
Last night I was flashing cyanogenmod from rom manager and it worked. then I tried installing a p3 kernel from rom manager and it worked, but when I turned it on I had less than 15% battery. the phone died so I charged it, but the thing is IT WON'T CHARGE!!! I tried my normal charger, then the usb connected to the cpu and phone, then my car charger, and none of them work!!! The white light doesn't come on and the phone dies within 15 seconds

What happened!?!? What should I do!? It's not bricked, but this is a problem...if it's the battery, I should just buy a new battery...but I think it might be the actual input for the charger on the phone. If this is the case I need to unroot and go to verizon, right? I'll have to borrow a friends droid battery I guess. Help!!! Thanks

Arte Suave

Reaction score
Problem is the kernel. Plug it in. Wipe. Re-install CM6. I had same problem. I had to load 3 kernels to get one that worked for me

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Why don't you just re-flash a ROM. I once had an issue like this. I had a full battery, but then installed some ROM and at bootup it said my battery was almost dead. I plugged in and it wouldn't 'charge' either.

I just re flashed my ROM and it was fixed...

OP
B

bmb0205

Reaction score
Problem is the kernel. Plug it in. Wipe. Re-install CM6. I had same problem. I had to load 3 kernels to get one that worked for me

Why don't you just re-flash a ROM. I once had an issue like this. I had a full battery, but then installed some ROM and at bootup it said my battery was almost dead. I plugged in and it wouldn't 'charge' either.

I just re flashed my ROM and it was fixed...
The problem is, the phone won't stay on long enough to do ANYTHING

How can I reflash if it has zero battery?

OP
B

bmb0205

Reaction score
booted into recovery, currently hoping it will stay on long enough to do a restore...

Arte Suave

Reaction score
I did mine with the phone plugged in to the wall charger. I had same exact problem as you did last night.

OP
B

bmb0205

Reaction score
*phew* the restore worked and now it says I have full battery haha. I'm afraid to try another kernel. Was it the p3's in general or just the 1ghz I tried?

OP
B

bmb0205

Reaction score
*phew* the restore worked and now it says I have full battery haha. I'm afraid to try another kernel. Was it the p3's in general or just the 1ghz I tried?
bump on this. should I try a different p3 kernel or try something not from p3?

aust424

Reaction score
the kernel is probably low voltage and maybe a little to fast, ive had that problem with some kernel, not p3's though

Arte Suave

Reaction score
I DL the jdlfg 1.2 kernel from rom manager and it has been perfect. Only one that worked with my phone.

ataris_kid

Reaction score
It's reporting low battery because you're using a pre-Froyo kernel (2.6.29.x). When using the old kernels, your phone won't charge and will report 0% battery charge. You need to use one that's made for Froyo (2.6.32.x). Here's a link to P3's kernels:

P3Droid Kernels

Scroll down to get to the ones that say Froyo / Android 2.2. Hope this helps.

OP
B

bmb0205

Reaction score
It's reporting low battery because you're using a pre-Froyo kernel (2.6.29.x). When using the old kernels, your phone won't charge and will report 0% battery charge. You need to use one that's made for Froyo (2.6.32.x). Here's a link to P3's kernels:

P3Droid Kernels

I'm new to clockwork and rom manager, so if I want to use one of those, can I use the update.zip format like in SP recovery and install from sd card?

ataris_kid

Reaction score

P3Droid Kernels

I'm new to clockwork and rom manager, so if I want to use one of those, can I use the update.zip format like in SP recovery and install from sd card?
Yep! You can either rename it to update.zip and do it that way (as you had to with SPRecovery), but with Clockwork you can browse to it and install it without renaming the file.

OP
B

bmb0205

Reaction score

P3Droid Kernels

Yep! You can either rename it to update.zip and do it that way (as you had to with SPRecovery), but with Clockwork you can browse to it and install it without renaming the file.
Sounds good man thanks a lot