1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Did not follow directions - Deleted Necessary Stock Apps

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by y0urkrypt0nite, Dec 8, 2011.

1. y0urkrypt0nite

y0urkrypt0nite New Member

Well I thought I had read enough about rooting and what to do and what not to do but apparently I should have looked up a list of applications on the Droid 3 that were safe to delete after rooting. I deleted a few apps related to the contacts application (Yahoo, etc.) and now using anything with my contacts causes a force close. I know people have asked about this before and I apologize but I read all of the threads and I just do not understand what I need to do to restore my phone completely back to stock.

Can someone please have compassion (read pity) on my soul and post noob instructions on returning my Droid 3 back to stock condition?
    I would greatly appreciate it and I promise not to do it again :happy3:
  2. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p New Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
  3. y0urkrypt0nite

y0urkrypt0nite New Member

Thank you so much! all the other SBF links I found ended in 404's or did not have directions.

:)
  4. Cinoib

Cinoib New Member

Titanium Backup Pro is absolutely the safest way to freeze apps and then delete them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  5. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p New Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Ahhhhh good! Love it when I'm actually productive here, instead of checking rumors!

Swyped and sent through the interwebz directly to you from somewhere and some device that doesn't concern you!
  6. schmittmike

schmittmike New Member

Bionic

How about if I did the same thing with a Droid Bionic? I backed up all my apps using Titanium Backup first, but didn't know to freeze them before removing. Now I cannot restore the yahoo apps using Titanium Backup (just get a spinning wheel indefinitely). Any help?? I'm a semi-noob.
Search tags for this page

droid 3 stock apps

restore deleted stock apps droid 3