Did ics on rezound kill battery?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just a thought. How much of our battery life drop will go away once we get our phones set back up how we want them and stop checking what's using what as often?
My cdma signal came back to life today and my battery meter has shown better numbers accordingly.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

acejavelin

Reaction score
FYI... I disabled the Stand-Alone GPS in my phone last night, and the Maps has not shown up at all in what is using the battery since, plus my battery life is noticeably better... typical day at this time I would be at about 50% battery, today I am at 66% right now after 11 hours on battery... Maybe a fluke or a little quieter day than usual, but will keep watching for anything unusual that is using the battery, but nothing seems to stand out right now.

Also noticed that doing this keeps Facebook app from activating location services, which it normally did even when location was turned off in the apps settings, so that is a plus since I often have the FB app open...

VooDooCC

Reaction score
My battery life still isn't quite what it was on GB, but I did a factory reset a couple days ago, and have cycled the battery a few times. I have all three of the location options on, and no maps in the app sucker list in GSAM. What is odd is that I have facebook (only .1%) but have never signed into, or even opened, it on the phone)

gerrya

Reaction score
I noticed maps doesn't use any battery when I'm connected to WiFi but the minute I leave the house it kicks in. I disabled GPS and it made no difference. Supposedly gps is designed to be left on and and only go on when an app is opened that needs it.

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
Seeks like gb is best . Hoe do you wipe ruu ? Mean I drfibatlry don't want GPS on constantly and battery life is a must. Seems many have many ics issues . Might just flash a De bloated gb ton

HowardZ

Reaction score
To go backwards from ics to gb, you need s-off

o htcdev unlock
o root
o hansoon's all in one toolkit helps
o read threads about the s-off procedure
o go to unlimited.io website to read instructions, look at pictures, download files.
o find an insulated wire with the ends stripped off
o have fun, hope you don't brick the phone as this has occurred to a small number if people.

btw, I advise staying with the stock hboot because:
o the only thing the modified hboot gets you is a bootloader displaying locked, yet it acts unlocked.
o stock bootloader will show unlocked as one expects
o every time you flash an hboot you risk a brick if anything goes wrong with the flashing, or the file downloaded with an error inside it.
o if you go back to s-on without remembering to first switch to a stock hboot, then you instantly brick.

Btw, personally I'd go with ics and buy an external battery or a juice box if you find it necessary.

regards,
howard

Xander Crews

Reaction score
what case do u use with ur extended battery? does it protect the screen and rest of the phone well? like the defender by otterbox

I don't use a case.
I use a Skinomi screen protector though.
However, if I were to get the Otterbox Defender, I would remove the Otterbox screen protector and use my Skinomi one. I prefer screen protectors that stick to the screen and go invisible and aren't part of the case.

HowardZ

Reaction score
The reasons I dont use my extended battery:
o I really like my soft silicon case, especially when I go jogging or walking in a park. I even prefer pressing the buttons through this case rather than without a case.
o I don't mind keeping it plugged into a charger at my easy chair, or plugged into a computer at my desk.

I find the extended battery can last all day if there is only a few hours of heavy use.

If the case I love was available for the ext batttery, then I'd use it more.

Snoking

Reaction score
I just cut out the back of my gel case and let the extended battery/cover stick through. Bought another gel case and it has been in the desk draw for a few months with the battery and cover.

HowardZ

Reaction score
I just cut out the back of my gel case and let the extended battery/cover stick through. Bought another gel case and it has been in the desk draw for a few months with the battery and cover.

That sounds like a good idea.
There is a risk I'd ruin the case.

I should buy a spare case like you did, in case that happens.