Did ics on rezound kill battery?

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by thrgk, Aug 6, 2012.

1. TWC42

TWC42 New Member

One thing that greatly affects battery drain is signal strength. The weaker the signal, the more power the phone puts out trying to communicate with the towers. Everyone's situation is different. I discovered this the hard way, spending a week at my daughter's house. The coverage map indicated strong signals in the neighborhood. But I didn't realize how much shielding the aluminum foil backed insulation that surrounded her house caused. And as a result, the battery died quickly. In my own home, where the RF signals and the heat pass through the walls easily, my battery lasts longer. If one is trying to determine if ICS drains the battery more than GB, the testing would have to be in the same location.
  2. VooDooCC

VooDooCC Member

How do you get it toggle that many things, I just downloaded it and it only lets me have 2. Also is there a way to turn off it's battery monitor?
  3. Snoking

Snoking Member

Got to get into it's setting. You can have one or two lines.
  4. acejavelin

acejavelin Member

Is this an app or custom ROM or something that you use to get all the toggles in the notification pull down like your screen shot? I can't see anywhere in the stock rom where there are settings to configure that... or am I really that blind/stupid?
  5. VooDooCC

VooDooCC Member

I guess I get the special award for the day. I thought you could only select one toggle at a time, didn't realize they were check boxes. :happy3:
    Any idea on what the RGB-Code is for the green that the stock battery uses? The different colors get to me.
    Edit: Never mind, I thought that would change the battery level color too. Any idea on how to change that or disable it?

ace: It's an app called Notification Toggle.
    1 person likes this.
  6. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Just a thought. How much of our battery life drop will go away once we get our phones set back up how we want them and stop checking what's using what as often?
    My cdma signal came back to life today and my battery meter has shown better numbers accordingly.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
  7. acejavelin

acejavelin Member

FYI... I disabled the Stand-Alone GPS in my phone last night, and the Maps has not shown up at all in what is using the battery since, plus my battery life is noticeably better... typical day at this time I would be at about 50% battery, today I am at 66% right now after 11 hours on battery... Maybe a fluke or a little quieter day than usual, but will keep watching for anything unusual that is using the battery, but nothing seems to stand out right now.

Also noticed that doing this keeps Facebook app from activating location services, which it normally did even when location was turned off in the apps settings, so that is a plus since I often have the FB app open...
  8. VooDooCC

VooDooCC Member

My battery life still isn't quite what it was on GB, but I did a factory reset a couple days ago, and have cycled the battery a few times. I have all three of the location options on, and no maps in the app sucker list in GSAM. What is odd is that I have facebook (only .1%) but have never signed into, or even opened, it on the phone)
  9. gerrya

gerrya New Member

I noticed maps doesn't use any battery when I'm connected to WiFi but the minute I leave the house it kicks in. I disabled GPS and it made no difference. Supposedly gps is designed to be left on and and only go on when an app is opened that needs it.
  10. HowardZ

HowardZ New Member

A dingo ate my baby battery in the outback
  11. acejavelin

acejavelin Member

Man, I hate it when that happens... :mad:
  12. thrgk

thrgk New Member

Seeks like gb is best . Hoe do you wipe ruu ? Mean I drfibatlry don't want GPS on constantly and battery life is a must. Seems many have many ics issues . Might just flash a De bloated gb ton
  13. HowardZ

HowardZ New Member

To go backwards from ics to gb, you need s-off

o htcdev unlock
    o root
    o hansoon's all in one toolkit helps
    o read threads about the s-off procedure
    o go to unlimited.io website to read instructions, look at pictures, download files.
    o find an insulated wire with the ends stripped off
    o have fun, hope you don't brick the phone as this has occurred to a small number if people.

btw, I advise staying with the stock hboot because:
    o the only thing the modified hboot gets you is a bootloader displaying locked, yet it acts unlocked.
    o stock bootloader will show unlocked as one expects
    o every time you flash an hboot you risk a brick if anything goes wrong with the flashing, or the file downloaded with an error inside it.
    o if you go back to s-on without remembering to first switch to a stock hboot, then you instantly brick.

Btw, personally I'd go with ics and buy an external battery or a juice box if you find it necessary.

regards,
    howard
  14. Xander Crews

Xander Crews Member

I don't use a case.
    I use a Skinomi screen protector though.
    However, if I were to get the Otterbox Defender, I would remove the Otterbox screen protector and use my Skinomi one. I prefer screen protectors that stick to the screen and go invisible and aren't part of the case.
  15. HowardZ

HowardZ New Member

The reasons I dont use my extended battery:
    o I really like my soft silicon case, especially when I go jogging or walking in a park. I even prefer pressing the buttons through this case rather than without a case.
    o I don't mind keeping it plugged into a charger at my easy chair, or plugged into a computer at my desk.

I find the extended battery can last all day if there is only a few hours of heavy use.

If the case I love was available for the ext batttery, then I'd use it more.
  16. Snoking

Snoking Member

I just cut out the back of my gel case and let the extended battery/cover stick through. Bought another gel case and it has been in the desk draw for a few months with the battery and cover.
  17. HowardZ

HowardZ New Member

That sounds like a good idea.
    There is a risk I'd ruin the case.

I should buy a spare case like you did, in case that happens.
Search tags for this page
57s on battery

htc rezound battery drain

htc rezound battery issues

htc rezound battery life

htc rezound ics battery drain
htc rezound ics battery issues
ics update cause battery drain have rezound
my htc rezound phone is getting hot and i think killing the
rezound 5 hours on battery

rezound battery issues

rezound battery life