Did ics on rezound kill battery?

Snoking

Reaction score
acejavelin said:
All ticked... Will have to play this some more, but my battery life is getting better day by day, I don't really understand why though.

So un-check GPS and Google. One of those is most likely starting Maps.

acejavelin

Reaction score
So un-check GPS and Google. One of those is most likely starting Maps.
Yeah, probably will as soon as I find a widget to toggle it easily (I know they are out there, I just have to look a little bit) since I do geocaching, kinda tough to do without the GPS.

Snoking

Reaction score
acejavelin said:
Yeah, probably will as soon as I find a widget to toggle it easily (I know they are out there, I just have to look a little bit) since I do geocaching, kinda tough to do without the GPS.

That is not the normal GPS on and off. It is to let the phone use the VZW NETWORK, GPS and/or Google determine the phones location. There other places to turn the GPS on for apps.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120808_205317.png
    ForumRunner_20120808_205317.png
    107.2 KB · Views: 182

Snoking

Reaction score
Or Notification toggle can be set to control many things.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120808_205827.png
    ForumRunner_20120808_205827.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 184

gerrya

Reaction score
Yeah, probably will as soon as I find a widget to toggle it easily (I know they are out there, I just have to look a little bit)
I use the build in HTC widget, works good and matches the other HTC ones.

Reaction score
I've not noticed any difference in battery. If anything, maybe ever so slightly better. I never use maps either and it has always ate up battery, do you guys all recommend freezing it?

gerrya

Reaction score
I shut the GPS completely off in settings last night, thinking that Maps under battery use was really GPS, and maps is my biggest battery user today, and it hasnt been opened, so I dont get it?

acejavelin

Reaction score
I shut the GPS completely off in settings last night, thinking that Maps under battery use was really GPS, and maps is my biggest battery user today, and it hasnt been opened, so I dont get it?
Weird, I turned off GPS Only (left Network and Google location services active) and have not had a single instance of Maps show up in what's using my battery since 11:00pm last night.

And I have to admit, my battery life seems to be getting better day by day... not sure if it has anything to do with it, but I had to do a battery pull reset because of a misbehaving app the other day (that app is gone now), that is when it seemed to start getting better.

gerrya

Reaction score
After some googeling I found some people signed into latitude and de-selected the location service even though it already was, and then signed out of latitude. Gonna see if that helps.

acejavelin

Reaction score
I use the build in HTC widget, works good and matches the other HTC ones.
lol... guess so, I thought like most other manufacturers it was just a shortcut to the Location Settings page, guess it does actually toggle the GPS, my bad... but it doesn't fit with the widgets I am using now which show the Wireless network I am connected too (and on/off toggle), allow me to change the brightness in 8 steps or double tap for Automatic, what BT profile is connected, etc.

Attachments

• 2012-08-09_10-47-04.png
    2012-08-09_10-47-04.png
    732.4 KB · Views: 228

TWC42

Reaction score
One thing that greatly affects battery drain is signal strength. The weaker the signal, the more power the phone puts out trying to communicate with the towers. Everyone's situation is different. I discovered this the hard way, spending a week at my daughter's house. The coverage map indicated strong signals in the neighborhood. But I didn't realize how much shielding the aluminum foil backed insulation that surrounded her house caused. And as a result, the battery died quickly. In my own home, where the RF signals and the heat pass through the walls easily, my battery lasts longer. If one is trying to determine if ICS drains the battery more than GB, the testing would have to be in the same location.

Snoking

Reaction score
Got to get into it's setting. You can have one or two lines.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Got to get into iys setting. You can have one or two lines.
Is this an app or custom ROM or something that you use to get all the toggles in the notification pull down like your screen shot? I can't see anywhere in the stock rom where there are settings to configure that... or am I really that blind/stupid?

VooDooCC

Reaction score
I guess I get the special award for the day. I thought you could only select one toggle at a time, didn't realize they were check boxes. :happy3:
Any idea on what the RGB-Code is for the green that the stock battery uses? The different colors get to me.
Edit: Never mind, I thought that would change the battery level color too. Any idea on how to change that or disable it?

ace: It's an app called Notification Toggle.