Did I turn my USB reader off??!

Krayzied

Reaction score
Yesterday I spent like 3 hours putting music and pics from my Windows Vista Desktop PC to my Droid 2 with no problems. Well last night my friend told me that I should shut off apps that are running that I don't need. Well I'm new to Droid, so I'm thinking maybe I turned something off I shouldn't have? ...cuz now when I plug my Droid into my cpu..NOTHING happens. No connections, no message, no sound, no nothing. The usb cord works cuz I'm charging it right now and I plugged the same usb cord from CPU to my girlfriend's Envy and it connected.

Any suggestions?

ionide

Reaction score
Try powering off the phone and remove the battery, then turn it on and see if it works?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
K

Krayzied

Reaction score
Thanks ionide...i just realized that this "Droid" living with me is like a cpu, sometimes rebooting is all it needs.

I think I may have turned off the USB connect , and by rebooting it turned it back on. Phew! I live 80 miles from nearest Verizon store I was freaking out. Thanks again.

OP
K

Krayzied

Reaction score
Glad I found this place, I better read up more on this little robot before I piss him off. I was all about a "task killer" app until I read up on it some more here. I'm just going to let him live normally until I see him slowing down. Yea I guess he is an idiot mammal.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
No offense intended, I just saw "task killer" written all over that statement. When it comes to the Droid's OS the best thing you can do 99% of the time is leave it be and reboot at least every couple of days.

Plenty of nice folks here, lots of information, and the occasional wiseacre. :) Have fun, learn all you can, and don't be afraid to ask questions if you can't find the answer!

OP
K

Krayzied

Reaction score
okay in that case I'll ask one more, and I think unfortunately it's not possible...but something I ALWAYS did on my Envy phones was adding sound, custom ringtones, recording messages, etc to pictures and sending them. I would send them from my hotmail to my phone or from my phone I'd send a "pix message" and attach a sound file. I can't find out how the hell to do this with the droid. Also, my friend forwarded me a text of a custom ringtone/pic I sent him a while ago...well the song played but no pic. Whack! Can the Droid send pic messages with audio attached? If not...are they serious?

ionide

Reaction score
I believe what he's wanting is this:
On his old phone, he could, for instance, receive a picture message of a butt, and a fart sound would be attached. He is wondering if droid can do the same thing. And I personally haven't received a message like that and don't want to, so idk if it can be done.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
@ionide

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. :)

I think he mentioned something about making that fart sound his ringtone. In this case I'll say it's not an iPhone so there aren't a thousand fart soundboards available in the market and drop the metaphor. :)

Moving away from the scatological humor there, is that essentially what you were trying to do? There are a bunch of ways to set up custom ringtones.

ionide

Reaction score
Haha, thanks for playing along, furbearing.

In all seriousness, though, reread his post. if I'm reading correctly, he is asking if he can receive an MMS message with both a pic and sound. when he was sent one recently, it played the audio but there was no pic showing. I honestly don't know the answer because I have never received one.

OP
K

Krayzied

Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out how to send a picture and add a sound or ringtone to it. So far no luck, when I create the message there's an "insert" option, but after I insert the pic and try to insert another file it doesn't show. I'm guessing it's impossible? I downloaded Handsent or whatever but you can't do it on there either.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Have you tried attaching a picture to the message? The sound I can't say one way or the other because nobody's sent me one, but at least on the stock app you can attach any file you want.