Did I turn my USB reader off??!

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by Krayzied, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Krayzied

Krayzied New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yesterday I spent like 3 hours putting music and pics from my Windows Vista Desktop PC to my Droid 2 with no problems. Well last night my friend told me that I should shut off apps that are running that I don't need. Well I'm new to Droid, so I'm thinking maybe I turned something off I shouldn't have? ...cuz now when I plug my Droid into my cpu..NOTHING happens. No connections, no message, no sound, no nothing. The usb cord works cuz I'm charging it right now and I plugged the same usb cord from CPU to my girlfriend's Envy and it connected.

Any suggestions?

2. ionide

ionide Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try powering off the phone and remove the battery, then turn it on and see if it works?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +455
    Current Phone Model:
    32GB Moto X Developers Edition
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    Did you turn USB Debugging on or off? And your friend is an idiot for suggesting that.

:welcome: to the forum!

4. Krayzied

Krayzied New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks ionide...i just realized that this "Droid" living with me is like a cpu, sometimes rebooting is all it needs.

I think I may have turned off the USB connect , and by rebooting it turned it back on. Phew! I live 80 miles from nearest Verizon store I was freaking out. Thanks again.

5. Krayzied

Krayzied New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad I found this place, I better read up more on this little robot before I piss him off. I was all about a "task killer" app until I read up on it some more here. I'm just going to let him live normally until I see him slowing down. Yea I guess he is an idiot mammal.

6. furbearingmammal

Ratings:
    +455
    Current Phone Model:
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    No offense intended, I just saw "task killer" written all over that statement. When it comes to the Droid's OS the best thing you can do 99% of the time is leave it be and reboot at least every couple of days.

Plenty of nice folks here, lots of information, and the occasional wiseacre. :) Have fun, learn all you can, and don't be afraid to ask questions if you can't find the answer!

7. Krayzied

Krayzied New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    okay in that case I'll ask one more, and I think unfortunately it's not possible...but something I ALWAYS did on my Envy phones was adding sound, custom ringtones, recording messages, etc to pictures and sending them. I would send them from my hotmail to my phone or from my phone I'd send a "pix message" and attach a sound file. I can't find out how the hell to do this with the droid. Also, my friend forwarded me a text of a custom ringtone/pic I sent him a while ago...well the song played but no pic. Whack! Can the Droid send pic messages with audio attached? If not...are they serious?

8. furbearingmammal

Ratings:
    +455
    Current Phone Model:
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    I get picture messages all the time on my Droid. What format are they sending it in?

9. furbearingmammal

Ratings:
    +455
    Current Phone Model:
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    As for setting up custom ringtones it's easily done. Are you trying to set it as the default ringtone or just contact-specific?

10. ionide

ionide Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe what he's wanting is this:
    On his old phone, he could, for instance, receive a picture message of a butt, and a fart sound would be attached. He is wondering if droid can do the same thing. And I personally haven't received a message like that and don't want to, so idk if it can be done.

11. furbearingmammal

Ratings:
    +455
    Current Phone Model:
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    @ionide

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. :)

I think he mentioned something about making that fart sound his ringtone. In this case I'll say it's not an iPhone so there aren't a thousand fart soundboards available in the market and drop the metaphor. :)

Moving away from the scatological humor there, is that essentially what you were trying to do? There are a bunch of ways to set up custom ringtones.

12. ionide

ionide Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha, thanks for playing along, furbearing.

In all seriousness, though, reread his post. if I'm reading correctly, he is asking if he can receive an MMS message with both a pic and sound. when he was sent one recently, it played the audio but there was no pic showing. I honestly don't know the answer because I have never received one.

Search tags for this page
cruz reader r102 waiting for debugger?

usb debugging cruz

usb debugging for cruz