Did I screw up my battery? Or phone? (hopefully not the later)

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I went on a 1000 mile ride this past weekend and I used a battery pack that I've test before, so I can use GPS tracker while riding and not use up the battery. Friday and Saturday worked great, riding for some 8 hours and when done, the battery was still at 100%.

Sunday however was hot and I think the charging circut cut out as the phone drained and there was plenty of juice left in the pack. When I got home NOTHING would let the phone boot up (laptop, another wall charger, battery pack) except the charger the phone came with. So I charged it until 100%.

When I went to bed, I put it on the other charger that I've been using at night since having the phone and even though the battery icon was cycling as if it was charging, it was not.

Do I just need to replace the battery? Leave it on the stock charger for 8 hours to "reset" it? Is it the phone?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
honestly sounds like the battery got toasted.

if that charging pack uses the wrong voltage it can/will kill a battery

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It could also be that the battery is at 0% and the phone will not charge a totally discharged battery. Use a stand alone charger that you can put the battery in (Verizon has them).

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Update:
The battery charged and will charge with the different media. As an excuse, I went and bought another battery, really hoping that mine was F'd up and I'd get some renewed life, but alas no. Both suck equally.

I can swear that my battery life is going downhill, but I could just be hyper sensitive to it. Still no where near the way it was when I installed 1.0.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
1000 miles on a bicycle? on your birthday weekend? :shocked: sounds like hell to me!!! LmAo i'm glad you had fun tho :D