did I just get 2.1??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nooter99

Reaction score
Activated phone this morning, it asked to do an update, so I did, but I don't notice anything different....so far. Under "settings" "about phone" it still says 2.0.1, so whats the story, why would they do an so close to the release of 2.1??

xjman349

Reaction score
This release was released in December. The 2.0.1 has been out for a while. It was released to fix some issues with general usage. Usually when updates come they come in small doses to help solve issues as they go. One big update to another doesn't usually happen in the cell industry. iPhone, Blackberry, Palm, and Droid.

dhuism2

Reaction score
Wait...you mean you just got the phone and just activated it today?

The phone comes stocked with the 2.0 version, and the 2.0.1 version has been available for some time now. So as soon as a new phone is activated, it will automatically update to the newest version. That's what happened with mine.

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wait...you mean you just got the phone and just activated it today?

The phone comes stocked with the 2.0 version, and the 2.0.1 version has been available for some time now. So as soon as a new phone is activated, it will automatically update to the newest version. That's what happened with mine.

I'm still on 2.0. It doesn't automatically update you unless you hit the "install now" tab. If you don't want it just hit the "install later" when it comes up.

OP
N

nooter99

Reaction score
Let me clear it up a little, I've had the phone about six weeks, it came with 2.0.1, was just wondering what this mornings update was for. With 2.1 supposedly coming any day now, I thought this was it, maybe not, I guess.

droiddoes1912

Reaction score
When 2.0.1 went out, some people got a "bad" version with an older Facebook app. What you got was your DROID updating to the "good" version with the correct Facebook app.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let me clear it up a little, I've had the phone about six weeks, it came with 2.0.1, was just wondering what this mornings update was for. With 2.1 supposedly coming any day now, I thought this was it, maybe not, I guess.

Simply put if you received 2.1 you would see it on your about phone in your settings.

Darn, there was a rumor goring around that the distribution on 2.1 was going to start yesterday. False alarm.:frown:

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Simply put if you received 2.1 you would see it on your about phone in your settings.

Darn, there was a rumor goring around that the distribution on 2.1 was going to start yesterday. False alarm.:frown:

Let's see where we get in to the evening. I think we could see some of the staggerd release start today :). Though it's always subject to change without any notice to me

Status
Not open for further replies.