Did i just brick my phone =(

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by phatkat66, Feb 20, 2010.

1. phatkat66

phatkat66 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hey everyone. This sucks.....ok, last night I was installing the new version of the smoked glass theme which i've done before many times and I never had a problem, except in the middle of the process I kinda fell asleep >_> idr which part i fell asleep on but when i woke up i noticed my phone was off, but still plugged into the comp. It doesnt look like it was pulled out at all because it was still charging (white light on the side). But when I tried to turn it on the moto sign came up and went off..... I tried to turn it on again....same thing happened.....now my phone wont turn on at all =(. It charges (white light) but nothing will come up on the screen. Right now i have the battery pulled and sittin to the side hoping that will fix it ... but idk...

I have no idea what to do can someone plz help me =( I really hope I didn't just brick my phone by falling asleep like that...:frown:

2. haythem1992

haythem1992 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    open to sprecovery, if you have it, and do a nandroid restore it should fix it, if not you may need to do a factory reset.

3. phatkat66

phatkat66 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    hmmmmm nvm guys.... it seems the battery was just completely dead.... but thats weird cuz it wouldnt turn on while it was chargin. It turned on when i put my spare battery in.... =( scared the crap out of me

4. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Moved to correct sub-forum

5. phatkat66

phatkat66 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I was thinking of doing that but the problem is it wouldn't turn on AT ALL it stayed completely shut off. Is there a way I can get into the SPrecovery menu without the phone being powered on?

6. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Has to be over 5% to turn on...

7. phatkat66

phatkat66 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Ooo, I'll keep that in mind. I just thought it was fully charged, its been charging all night since I left it plugged in. Or does the phone not charge through the computer when in the SPrecovery menu? (Since that's where i fell asleep)

8. 52brandon

52brandon Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I dont think the phone charges from the PC anyways

9. phatkat66

phatkat66 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I know 100% it does, almost every night I charge my phone through the comp while im sleeping because the computer usb port is closer to my bed then a wall outlet. Since the wire is so short I mostly use the comp to charge. But it takes longer. I guess being in sprecovery it wasn't "connected" to the comp to activate a charge. Im jus relieved its not brick, seeing it turn on twice and then never on again this morning after passin out in mid upgrade made me wanna cry LOL idk what id do without my phone even for a day...

10. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Geez, I thought it did. Every time I mount mine to my Mac it says charging. I've not worried about this because I use the display rack to charge.
    Mike

11. phatkat66

phatkat66 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    It does, its just slower, plug your phone into your comp and note the battery life in % if you have the app, then jus turn off the screen and come back about 10 minutes later you'll see its charged a bit.

And im finishing up the smokedglass theme i was doing last night, the phone DOESNT charge while in sprecovery so that's why it died on me last night lol ^_^ oops

12. 52brandon

52brandon Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    thats strange that it wouldnt charge in recovery. And yeah, it's much slower via PC then.