1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

did i brick this

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by udmatador, Mar 19, 2010.

1. udmatador

udmatador New Member

installed new smoked glass and stuck on motorola screen. did i brick this?
  2. JayCizzo

JayCizzo New Member

Pull battery, boot in to recovery mode again, do a data and cache wipe, reinstall with a lower speed kernel. Report back.
  3. udmatador

udmatador New Member

fantastic, fast help. thanks :)
  4. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Is everything working?
  5. udmatador

udmatador New Member

as far as i can tell, yes. although im new to set cpu. i can only go to 800mhz. any thoughts?
  6. JayCizzo

JayCizzo New Member

It will only go as high as the kernel you have installed. I'm guessing you selected the 800MHZ kernel during installation. You really need to search these forums. All of your questions have been answered numerous times.
  7. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

Dude, if your phone can boot that far, then I assure you your phone is not bricked. Many people have found many ways to fix phones far worse off than yours. Just remember this and you'll never say that again. Glad you fixed it though.
  8. udmatador

udmatador New Member

well, yes im new to the forums as far as looking into issues. i will reinstall and select a faster speed. im not normally not such a nub, but im just new to rooting and still getting a grip on this. i'll do my best to learn rather than whine. :)

Thanks for all of your help.
  9. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

Oh, don't take it like that, lol. We were all like that at one point or another. It is something you want to be carefull with because your most likely gonna be stuck with this phone for a while. Just look around, try a few things, and ALWAYS make a nadroid backup before trying anything. You'll thank yourself when you don't have to reflash your phone or use a stock nandorid backup.
  10. udmatador

udmatador New Member

lol thanks. i got it up and running. i'll definitely be reading up before making any further changes. the support here rocks. :icon_ banana:

thanks again
  11. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator

Also don't worry about asking questions. We all know the search function here is iffy. Some of us are working on organizing the info better, but its gonna take time. If you every get stuck or in trouble with something don't hesitate to ask. Search is your friend, but so are the forum members. And most important of all....don't panic help is never far.

So welcome to the forums and good luck with your Droid.
  12. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

Stop saying brick!!
  13. Mojo

Mojo New Member

Rule of thumb... as long as you can see the moto logo.. your not bricked. :) glad you got it going though. And like the person above me said.. never be afriad to ask questions.
  14. Mojo

Mojo New Member

And I am sure this comment was super helpful to a new member. Thanks for your words of wisdom and troubleshooting expertise.

15. Erron

Youre welcome. Maybe if people could use the search button they would realize they cannot brick their phones? This has been answered a million times.
  16. Mojo

Mojo New Member

I'm not going to argue with ya partna. But if his phone was in a non working state then it was bricked to him. Ya know its just as annoying to be told to use the search function.. as the ones that do not search. Take the easier path... if you do not want to offer help and not answer questions. Then move to the next thread that you do want to participate in. Simple concept. ;)
  17. Erron

I think stating you aren't going to argue while following it with talking points is an argument. So I will not reply with anything relating to your comments.

Dear poster, make sure you do plenty of research before deciding to root your phone and void the warranty. There are solutions for every scenario that could possibly happen during the process, as well as instructions on how to fix them. Have a great weekend.
  18. udmatador

udmatador New Member

you're not replying with anything related to his comments, but you are indirectly replying to him in a passive aggressive manner which seems kinda hypocritical. just thought i'd point that out since you seemed like the kind of person that finds details like that important.

i never had an issue with rooting. as you can see above, just had some issues with setting my cpu kernel and overclocking. i went through 3 moto droids with bad proximity sensors and when i got a working one a waited a month to see if a defect would come up before rooting it.

thanks to those who helped me realize and guided me through my layer 8 issues LOL. adamz and the setcpu are working perfect so far and im losing long tracks of time nerdin' out on all the stuff i can do with it.

these forums are pretty rad and very helpful. so thanks again :)
  19. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator

Erron, you want people to stop saying brick, and I want people to stop saying "use the search" as gixxerjoe was saying really just take the high road. The search here is terrible. Some of us are trying to get some organized info together to help make it easier but throwing out useless comments doesn't help anybody.

That's my rant for today, sorry for being off topic.
  20. justin82

justin82 DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Glad you got your phone fixed.. i remeber the first time my phone did that boy was i scared then remebered good ole nandroid:icon_ banana::icon_ banana: don't be afraid to ask questions.. every forum has people if you would just use search enigne blah blah blah..just ignore them.. to those people who say search instead of posting rude comments just do the search yourself provide the links and say i found these in search engine thought they might help.. or something like that anyway..

Welcome to the forums you will find this place very freindly and helpful for the most part..

thanks