did i brick my phone?

a86me

Reaction score
ok so i did an sbf, it goes into boot loop, I go into factory bootloader, and i get a message saying E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command if i do wipe data it says .. then goes back to menu no data/factory reset complete message like i get when i do wipe cahe partition. was i supposed to unroot before sbfing? i dont get what happened. also i know this voids the warranty, but what about verizons phone replacement program if you have their insurance?

PS RSD 100% complete when it was going and said manually power up phone, phone was already in boot loop at that point

thebird36

Reaction score
oh ive had this problem when you do the hold x and power then search button scroll down to the factory wipe and then push the camera half down like you were using auto focus for the camera then you can select factory wipe cause the first option doesnt work

alowe17

Reaction score
also i know this voids the warranty, but what about verizons phone replacement program if you have their insurance?

PS RSD 100% complete when it was going and said manually power up phone, phone was already in boot loop at that point

I have full coverage insurance through Verizon and I've kind of planned ahead on what I will do if I brick my phone....I plan on claiming that my phone will be lost (so I won't have to send it in). Then I would receive another Droid incredible either the next day or a couple days for $50. :) I know it sounds bad....but I figure if I'm going to pay extra for full coverage I might as well use it :) And I'm positive this will work because I have had to do it before :)

I hope that answers your question :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
A

a86me

Reaction score
I did the factory reset, it isnt working, i dont get a completion message when it says done

thebird36

Reaction score
well try to sbf again and do the reset when i had that problem i sbfed 3 times until i figured out my problem i wouldn't give up just yet i'm sure you can fix it just try to sbf again just remember to put it in bootloader b4 putting the sbf on and then hold x then power up and try the factory reset again remember using half the camera button to select things

FlipCpt45

Reaction score
as long as the bootloader doesn't say SPRecovery or clockwork just bring it in and tell them it turned off and started doing this and they'll probably give you another Droid 1 since they suddenly have them in stock again (Refurbished).

I mean droid 2. lolz I skimmed the post :D