Did I break something? Please let me know.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by steveninspokane, Dec 31, 2009.

1. steveninspokane

steveninspokane Member

I rooted my droid after watch a few different videos on youtube, and reading quite a bit on how to do it. I did it right, my phone has super user. However when I open super user, there are no settings, it is empty. Is this normal?

My main problem though is: When ever I power on my driod, after loading completly it gives me this error:

Sorry!
    The application SD Card Memory Widget (process com.g3.android.widgets.sdcardm) has stopped unexpectedly.
    Please try again.

And than gives me only one option, and that is to Force Close.

After I close, everything seems to work fine, and there isn't any problems (that I have noticed so far). Is this normal as well?

Thank you for the help, on and please help. :)
  2. Imatriceratops

Imatriceratops New Member

If no one has a good answer here, try asking over in the Hacks section. They're all root users so they should know what's going on. Good luck!
  3. pockets

pockets New Member

F spokane, CDA the place to be...lol. sorry man can't help
  4. tdawg5480

tdawg5480 New Member

yes this is normal its more like an app to manage what youve given root access to...if you open an app that requests root permissions you will get a popup to allow and whether or not to ask you again .
    Most apps need it to allow always and not ask again. then apps will show up in that list that you can remove root permission if you choose to.

As for the widget error you probably got a incompatible app installed and would try to delete it if you know what it is.
  5. phreakaj

phreakaj New Member

Actually this always happens on startup with that particular widget. I think it has something to do with there not being any info for it at startup as the widget closes,restarts and works fine after the sd card is setup after a reboot. You. Know how the sd card has to be set up evertime you reboot, I think that particular widget needs to access info from the car d before the card is actually available.happens to me everytime I reboot.hope this help s