Did I break my Droid?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by ti1996, Jul 4, 2010.

1. ti1996

ti1996 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Before this all happened, I was using Bugless Beast v4. Basically, I wanted to try a theme. I tried GlassTheme and applied it using Rom Manager, so I am obviously using ClockworkMod. Now, it wont boot. It stays stuck on the Motorola emblem. The longest I have let it sit is about 10 minutes. I tried to do a Nandroid recovery to my stock backup but when I select advanced restore it says "Couldn't open directiry. (New Line) No files found." Help?

EDIT: I had an idea. Could I use RSDLite to restore it to a stock 2.0.1 then retry installing Bugless Beast and the theme? I'm sort of scared of breaking it if I try that though.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    If you are stuck and can not do a restore then the next option is RSDlite.

Mike

3. regkilla

regkilla Member

Ratings:
    +1
    +1 on RSD Lite

4. roberj13

roberj13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you downloaded the stock bb.4 through rom manager you might be able to just install that again and solve your boot loop. I think petes roms end up in clockworkmod/download/androidoverdrive.

Installing full roms format /system and rewrites the boot image, so as long as you can get to recovery you can still usually avoid rsdlite even without backups.

Only time I've ever had to use rsdlite is when my phone was immediately loading to the bootloader with an error.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I agree but if the Droid is stuck in boot loop I do not think RM is accessible.

OP did I misunderstand?

Mike

6. borgey401

borgey401 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    why dont you just mount your sd card in recovery and put a ROM on your sd card and flash a new one that way? common guys i know atleast one of you know you can do that

7. roberj13

roberj13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I didn't mean install through RM, that's why I put where BB usually resides on the sd card, in recovery there is an option to choose a zip to install from sd card.

Or you can do what borgey describes. Like I said if you can get into recovery you don't need rsdlite, even if you don't have any backups.

Also another thing I have found when people don't know why any backups are showing is this, and I've seen it more with people who have used SPRecovery before

Clockwork and ROM Manager put backups in /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup NOT in /sdcard/nandroid so if you are looking in that folder when manually restoring backups in Clockwork youll never find anything.

8. ti1996

ti1996 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I took so long to respond. Thank you everybody for helping! RSDlite worked (I did it before any of you posted) but I learned a lot from everything you all said. Thank you very much!