Did anyone get the 6.12.181 update yet?

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
I am Disappointed, the change log listed the very loud call end tone over bluetooth would be corrected. It has'nt been fixed. I live on the bluetooth
headset and this is very annoying. What else did they commit to fix and did'nt? I know everyone was looking forward to not only this update but ICS as well, It just seems that we are getting empty promises. Perhaps we will get it in time, when everybody else has fried candy bar or something like it running on their phones.
:mad:

adubseattle

Reaction score
Trouble updating

The update DL's fine and begins to install, stalls, then the phone reset with "update failed". I am rooted and temp unrooted with VooDoo... should I be doing something else to get this to install correctly?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I got the update this morning. Ran fine, in reboot had a force close at the home screen. Rebooted several times during the day, same force close. I uninstalled ADW launcher and it stopped. Battery seems better, noticed data signal seemed more accurate. Seems like an under the hood changes. Thanks for the post on changes. Was wondering what actually the update was for. I like the Razr overall, good upgrade from my DroidX. There are some quirky things I notice but nothing is perfect. Switching from 4g to 3g sometimes hangs up, I will do a reboot. I also get weird times when the phone turns off. Usually when the battery is past 15%. Overall motorola makes a great product and I enjoyed using my phone. Big plus! I have unlimited data on 4g!! Let's the good times roll!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Keep this in mind... if your phone gets slow and lags on the home screen... clear the data on your home screen. It will put it back to out of the box appearance, but it works... it did for me and quite a few others.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

SCREWd2V

Reaction score
Keep this in mind... if your phone gets slow and lags on the home screen... clear the data on your home screen. It will put it back to out of the box appearance, but it works... it did for me and quite a few others.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

@ 94lt1 - I have been having problems with lag when pressing homescreen and also random reboots almost daily (especially when I'm at the gym listening to Pandora) hopefully this update will fix those issues...

Did you have this same problem and do a factory reset to solve this issue? Any suggestions would be nice. I don't want to go through the warrenty process. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

DROIDX2TN

Reaction score
I am Disappointed, the change log listed the very loud call end tone over bluetooth would be corrected. It has'nt been fixed. I live on the bluetooth
headset and this is very annoying. What else did they commit to fix and did'nt? I know everyone was looking forward to not only this update but ICS as well, It just seems that we are getting empty promises. Perhaps we will get it in time, when everybody else has fried candy bar or something like it running on their phones.
:mad:

Same problem here! Battery overrated as always.

JazzyDroid4

Reaction score
Got the update...phone seems the same to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Forum Runner

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
headset and this is very annoying. What else did they commit to fix and did'nt? I know everyone was looking forward to not only this update but ICS as well, It just seems that we are getting empty promises. Perhaps we will get it in time, when everybody else has fried candy bar or something like it running on their phones. :mad:

Really? When did Motorola promise to have ICS out by a certain time? They ever did. How many phones have received an official update to ICS already? Barely any.

At least we know that we'll be getting ICS, and that Motorola has an extremely stable build of ICS already. Most Android users out there aren't that fortunate.

pabowhunter

Reaction score
Got it North Eastern Pennsylvania ... I see no difference...

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Really? When did Motorola promise to have ICS out by a certain time? They ever did. How many phones have received an official update to ICS already? Barely any.

At least we know that we'll be getting ICS, and that Motorola has an extremely stable build of ICS already. Most Android users out there aren't that fortunate.

Take it easy, the point I was trying to make was the Bluetooth issue that was listed for change was not corrected as promised. That was
the "empty promise" I was referring to, nothing more. I never said anything about ICS being out in a certain time frame. Don't try to make anything more out of it than what it is. I've stuck by Motorola
since the first MicroTac so, I think I'm qualified in saying that they didn't deliver as promised, no suprise there. We're used to this from
manufacturers and politicians alike. Empty promises, end of story.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Take it easy, the point I was trying to make was the Bluetooth issue that was listed for change was not corrected as promised. That was
the "empty promise" I was referring to, nothing more. I never said anything about ICS being out in a certain time frame. Don't try to make anything more out of it than what it is. I've stuck by Motorola
since the first StarTac so, I think I'm qualified in saying that they didn't deliver as promised, no suprise there. We're used to this from
manufacturers and politicians alike. Empty promises, end of story.

Well, mentioning ICS and empty promises in the same sentence, followed by a remark about not getting ICS until other phones are on a future, unreleased version of Android, sure does make it seem like you're equating the two. I'm not making anything more out of it than how it reads as written.

Glad you could clear it up though.

Isisblueyes

Reaction score
I got it...

I saw on another forum someone said they got it last night on one of their 2 razr maxx phones, just curious if anyone else has gotten the 6.12.181 OTA update to gb? I'm hoping it helps with my only issue, which is Wifi not working correctly.

Thanks...

....I got a notification that it had downloaded last night, but I wanted to wait to install it till I heard from some other users how it was working for them.

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Well, mentioning ICS and empty promises in the same sentence, followed by a remark about not getting ICS until other phones are on a future, unreleased version of Android, sure does make it seem like you're equating the two. I'm not making anything more out of it than how it reads as written.

Glad you could clear it up though.

No, I don't care about ICS or anything thing like it. I really just want the phone to work as it should, I was glad to hear
that the update was to clear up most of issues with the phone like the previously mentioned Bluetooth problem but was disappointed
that it wasn't fixed. I understand that cell phones are no longer cell phones but now are mobile devices that can make and receive phone
Calls. I'm just disappointed they didn't fix it so I could feel like this is the best mobile device I've ever owned. I can't help but miss many
features I enjoyed on past phones like the original Droid. I simply wanted them to fix what they said they would. ICS? they can keep it. I
don't need the headaches or problems just an excellent running smart mobile device (phone).

cdf3

Reaction score
Installed it on mine last night.
Haven't noticed anything so far.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2