Did anyone get the 6.12.181 update yet?

jeff70

Reaction score
I got the OTA this morning so it should filter out to the other regions in the next couple of days if you don't have the update yet

I haven't noticed much change but the update was mostly under the hood fixes so that is what I expected

I have been going through all my apps and have seen no problems so far from the OTA

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

richrcp

Reaction score
Motorola has released an OTA update for their Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX devices. The update will bring devices to 6.12.181 and is currently being pushed out over the air by Verizon. While the update isn't Ice Cream Sandwich, it does bring quite a few notable fixes including:

- Optimized device performance to extend battery life
- Improved text messaging to ensure timely receiving of texts
- Modified the storage settings screen to clarify total, available, and used storage space
- Implemented IPV6 support over cellular connection and WiFi to facilitate updated interaction with the network
- Corrected 4G coverage indicator to accurately display data connectivity
- Improved Wi-Fi hotspot connectivity when utilizing WPS security
- Enhanced device security preventing unauthorized access of telephony database by 3rd parties
- Added new MotoCast widget to enable easier access to MotoCast files
- Implemented several fixes to improve MotoCast performance
- Improved visual voicemail performance with data disabled and visual voicemail notification delivery
- Corrected loud call end and connect tones over Bluetooth®
- Fixed Share app functionality to directs users to the app page in Google Play
- Added easy access to bookmarks through a press and hold on the back key

If you haven't received the update you can manually check for it by going to setting>about phone>system update. Check it out and let us know what you think.

Received update this morning in Clarksburg WV for both Razar Maxx's with no added instability issues. I noticed on my commute to work,that the issue with the loud call end and connect tones over bluetooth is not fixed! Hope the multiple texting issue is fixed??:angry:

mbell75

Reaction score
IMO, it was foolish of them to waste time and money testing and then pushing an update for an OS thats a year and a half old, who cares? ICS has been out 6 months. Why don't they spend their time and efforts focusing on delivering that? I am already running 4.0.3 and it runs perfect so I don't care really but I have a feeling they are stalling because they want the new Razr HD to get ICS first. Way to treat your loyal customers eh?

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I was working night shift last night and did a manual update check around 11:30pm and got the "no update available" message. I rechecked at arouna 1:30am and got the update so it looks like around midnight was the magical time for some of us.

Like most of you have said, I can't tell the difference yet but I did a power off charge today after work and will see if my already stellar battery life is improved from the update.

David

sava700

Reaction score
I got it today also... VA here too.

But I have the same comments as a few others and I'd rather have ICS as I've not really noticed a difference unless of course the battery optimization does anything positive which is always a big plus. What do we as customers need to do in order to get Verizon/Moto to push ICS?

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Well,
My first impression after a short period of use makes me THINK there might also have been some improvements to the camera. After taking several pictires indoors today it seems that the focus "locks on" much quicker and the pictures look a bit better. Of course, this is all my subjective opinion so YMMV.

Another thing I found is task manager looks slightly different and responds much more quickly. Again, subjective.

The big test though will be today at work. Usually by the end of my 15 hour night shifts I have right at 70% battery remaining. Since its night shift, I usually get some heavy use of my phone for texting, calls and other productive activities. Wifi is off and I keep 4G on since I get great 4G reception in the hospital I'm at. So, we will see how my battery does tonight.....

David

gunn

Reaction score
For those of you with the new update, does FoxFI still work?
-g

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
For those of you with the new update, does FoxFI still work?
-g

Yes it still works. Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yep just downloaded it.

MicroDOC

Reaction score
Just got through with the update and everything seems to work fine. Ran Voodoo and killed root, unfrose all apps, ran the install. Success! Reinstalled root from Voodoo. All OK...

ontarget.js

Reaction score
I got the update this morning. Ran fine, in reboot had a force close at the home screen. Rebooted several times during the day, same force close. I uninstalled ADW launcher and it stopped. Battery seems better, noticed data signal seemed more accurate. Seems like an under the hood changes. Thanks for the post on changes. Was wondering what actually the update was for. I like the Razr overall, good upgrade from my DroidX. There are some quirky things I notice but nothing is perfect. Switching from 4g to 3g sometimes hangs up, I will do a reboot. I also get weird times when the phone turns off. Usually when the battery is past 15%. Overall motorola makes a great product and I enjoyed using my phone. Big plus! I have unlimited data on 4g!! Let's the good times roll!

patmc81

Reaction score
Anyone notice that on wifi the 4g stays blue now?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2