Did anybody here wet sand there rezound?

darkserpant

Reaction score
I got 2 scratches on my phone today. One minor where you can see it but not feel it. The other one is worse where you can feel the groove in the glass. I am thinking about wetsanding. Saw a lot of videos on line that had good success with this process. I tried the toothpaste thing. No luck. I dont have insurance on the phone to return it. So I was wondering of any of you guys had any experience with wetsanding some medium scratches out that you can feel. If you had any success. The bad scratch is partly over top of my soft keys. Would that hurt by sanding over that area? Thanks

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
If it's a coated or treated glass surface (such as Gorillas Glass), you may effectively remove the scratch but may also remove any scratch resistance treatment it may have as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

sweaner

Reaction score
I would first try a screen protector. You may not notice the scratch and you will protect your phone from future scratches.

gerrya

Reaction score
There is definitely a coating on the glass. I tried that and it removed the coating, and looked worse. I then replaced the digitizer for $24 from ebay.