1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Did any of you consider/look at the HTC passion before purchasing the Motorola?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by iunknown, Nov 12, 2009.

1. iunknown

iunknown New Member

Wasn't really my style, but thought about it a little.
  2. 19thumper76

19thumper76 New Member

do you mean the eris?
  3. Sylent

Sylent New Member

The passion? Im never getting windows mobile again its shit.

or did you mean the hero/eris?
  4. thetruth

thetruth New Member

From my understanding, Verizon will be getting the HTC Passion but in an Android OS version. Not Windows Mobile.
  5. peh803

peh803 New Member

I'm waiting for the Passion -- it's supposed to be awesome. Close to twice the processing power of the DROID, 4.3" capacitive touch screen, HTC Sense UI + Android 2.0, multi-touch in the browser, etc.

One question I have about it, though, is that I understand some folks are having trouble with memory on DROIDs and other Android phones, specifically, there's only 256MB available to store application data -- i.e., they don't / can't get stored on MicroSD card. Is this true? If so, are there any good android options that don't have this limitation? I see this as a major issue -- and I want more space!!

Thanks,
    Phil
  6. plastike

plastike New Member

There's currently an app in the Market that allows for saving files to the SD card rather than the internal memory - though I forget the name of the app.
  7. iunknown

iunknown New Member

I've kind of grown to like the look of the droid, it fits me better. Compared to the passion that looks like a BB storm...
  8. JhankG

JhankG New Member

There is no official word on the HTC Passion yet. Nobody is even sure if it will be coming to Verizon or another network. A supposed picture was leaked but it was later said that it was an iPhone running a theme. I've also read that the Passion's snapdragon 1ghz processor will without a doubt have to be underclocked for battery purposes. Also, the processor is not the only thing that determines how fast a phone is. The specs on that thing look awesome if they turn out to be true, but without knowing when and where it will be released, I just couldn't pass up on the Droid. The thing about waiting is that you could spend forever doing it. There's always a better phone with bleeding egde specs right around the corner.
  9. New2u

New2u Super Moderator