Did an FDR and all my Pics are ... Gone.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Ugghhh, I used to buy into the fantasy that "tech" was supposed to make Life better (or something) What did I do wrong? I know I get those messages "your cloud is full get a bigger cloud" but I ignore it because I'm not paying More Money than I already do.
AWhat appeared to be a bug hit my phone so in order to get off the page I FDR's the phone (major PIA) everytime I get my phone set up just the way I like it something like this happens.
Anyway ALL my pics are gone it seems, any magic way to get them back OR at least what should I be doing to make sure that doesn't happen again.
Thanks.

JDH

Reaction score
Google drive will do auto backup also

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
FDRs using the phone (not from a recovery) typically wipe the whole phone. Aside from cloud storage, I also use backup apps just in case. Wish Android did it the way Apple does.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If you get a Dropbox account.. Throw your link up.. I have a baby Dropbox account.. I can always use more room..

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
If you get a Dropbox account.. Throw your link up.. I have a baby Dropbox account.. I can always use more room..
LOL!!! I may be able to hook you up on that. I'll check when I get back to my office.

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
For offsite 3rd party cloud servers there's Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Mega and Dropbox. You're normally put in at about 2 GB to 5 GB without paying. Mega is pretty new and apparently offers 50 GB of free space, but I haven't used it personally.

If you have some extra storage in your computer (that's always on) or a file server, then you may want to look into BitTorrent Sync, Sugar Sync, or Spider Oak. Personally, I'm a fan of BitTorrent Sync, but YMMV.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
For offsite 3rd party cloud servers there's Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Mega and Dropbox. You're normally put in at about 2 GB to 5 GB without paying. Mega is pretty new and apparently offers 50 GB of free space, but I haven't used it personally.

If you have some extra storage in your computer (that's always on) or a file server, then you may want to look into BitTorrent Sync, Sugar Sync, or Spider Oak. Personally, I'm a fan of BitTorrent Sync, but YMMV.

I use Mega and it is nice. Box also has 50Gb when you sign up.

PM me your email address and I will send an invite.

Last edited:

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I used the cloud up to this weekend for backing up music and pictures. Bought an "on the go" micro sd adapter for my turbo. Just like getting my sd card slot back. Adapter 9 bucks at fry's. Used my old micro SD card.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I just used google drive ... now if I'll ever find them when needed ??? or remember I even had Pix's ... of what ? where was I ..?

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
That

Was / is .. It, thank you ! .. Now ?? Where did I put my ...¿??.. What?
Give me.......... 45 minutes I'll be right there with ya! Daylight saving time has my "schedule" all messed up. Vacation was great - time was irrelevant.

ferret57

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G4
Twitter
ferretfuzzies
OneDrive and CM Cloud. Use both. CM for contacts mainly and several pics. OneDrive for all pictures/wallpaper.

JDH

Reaction score
Google photos auto backup ON
That's all folks