dialer storage?

Needler56

Reaction score
after my phone "automatically deleted" all my text messages, i went into manage applications to see if that opened up some space. i came across "dialer storage" and noticed that it was the biggest at 140mb. i thought that was in the call log so i cleared that out. still no change. then i figured it was my sms and mms, but that was already cleared out as well. last, i thought that maybe it was my contacts, but there's already a separate thing for that "contacts storage."

any ideas?

Topher714

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem and would love to see a reply...

Also, if the storage size hasn't gone down any, does that mean there may still be a way to recover the "automatically deleted" text messages?

OP
N

Needler56

Reaction score
i never found out what it was, but text messages definitely make up for the bulk of it. my guess is that in this case with the disappearing text messages, that if they in fact still do exist on the phone, but we can't see or access them for whatever reason, then we can't delete them therefore taking up space on the phone.

warrior21

Reaction score
I tried reading about it on a few other sites and it seems to be from mms messages being sent and received. When the pictures were moved to the sd card the size of dialer storage supposively went down. Not sure why yours stayed the same after the messages were deleted or if any of that is actually true. It seems to be a common problem that nobody has found a definite answer for.

barcodelinux

Reaction score
I tried reading about it on a few other sites and it seems to be from mms messages being sent and received. When the pictures were moved to the sd card the size of dialer storage supposively went down. Not sure why yours stayed the same after the messages were deleted or if any of that is actually true. It seems to be a common problem that nobody has found a definite answer for.

Confirmed! My Dialer Storage was over 50MB. I went through my MMS pictures and video, moved everything to the SD card, and then deleted all the MMS pictures and videos in my MMS client.

Then I went to see how much Dialer Storage was using and it now doesn't even show up on the list. This put me back under 30MB for free phone storage and the Low Storage icon disappeared in the taskbar

JohnnySweet

Reaction score
Confirmed! My Dialer Storage was over 50MB. I went through my MMS pictures and video, moved everything to the SD card, and then deleted all the MMS pictures and videos in my MMS client.

Then I went to see how much Dialer Storage was using and it now doesn't even show up on the list. This put me back under 30MB for free phone storage and the Low Storage icon disappeared in the taskbar

Hi, that sounds good. The only thing that I need to know is: What, or actually where is the MMS client? :blink: