Dialer question

ddodge68

Reaction score
I have a noob question. I have installed a few ROMs on my phone. I've noticed that some have the phone dialer that will recognize the letters, or numbers when dialing, so if I wanted to call Joe I could simply start dialing 5, 6, 3, and Joe would appear. And some ROMs (like Rubix) do not. Is this a Blur thing? This is one of the very few things that would change about this ROM. But I love the speed, so don't think I will be switching anytime soon...

Thanks.....

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That's blur.... the ones that do that use the blur phone.apk, the ones that don't use aosp phone.apk

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

OP
ddodge68

ddodge68

Reaction score
That's blur.... the ones that do that use the blur phone.apk, the ones that don't use aosp phone.apk

And I assume that there is not just a file that I can add to the "Blurless" Rubix, to add this phone dialer in???

jacko1

Reaction score

And I assume that there is not just a file that I can add to the "Blurless" Rubix, to add this phone dialer in???

get dialer one from the market place its free works great that's the only thing I miss from blurr

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If I remember right you can just pull the phone.apk off a blur rom and replace the blurless one with it. Would have to go in, delete the apk, move the blur one in, the install it.

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If I remember right you can just pull the phone.apk off a blur rom and replace the blurless one with it. Would have to go in, delete the apk, move the blur one in, the install it.

Nope.

Doesn't work, due to the framework modifications for aosp phone instead of blur.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Eh I was wrong.... it happens occasionally lol. Thanks for correcting me.