1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Dialer Problems on GPA16

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by mrburritoman, Aug 11, 2011.

1. mrburritoman

mrburritoman New Member

Dialer Problems on GPA16 - Oh well....

I really like what this ROM has done with my phone and want to keep it so this is not a rant thread in any way, I want help and suggestions so please pass them along.

I am running GPA16 on a Droid1. The ROM worked beautifully for a few weeks and now I am having two problems. The problems are ranked top to bottom, worst to annoying.

1. The dialer will crash on an inbound call. When I receive a call i get the answer and ignore sliders as usual however when i try to use them the sliding action produces the desired result however the screen freezes leaving the sliders up there during the call. When the call finishes i get a "Force close/wait/report" window. This is really bad to have in a call when I need to mute someone or put them on speaker phone.

2. Bluetooth audio will randomly be either on the phone or on my headset. When answering or placing a call i have to hold the phone to my head to make sure that the audio doesn't go to the phone. Randomly it will work as expected but there is a 30% chance it will end up on the phone and that person is now talking to my pocket.

3. Random Slowdown / Freeze. Randomly my phone will just slow to a crawl and either freeze entirely or just remain that way till I restart it. The battery state does not matter. The phone is not hot, often just sitting on my desk and I have over 50MB of memory left most times. I end up having to restart my phone and it regains its speed like nothing happened.

I really like this ROM and want it to work out however if the dialer continues to act weird then i will have no choice. I am on this thing every day for work and it has to keep up.

Thoughts?
  2. mrburritoman

mrburritoman New Member

I tried to get this ROM to work but it was just too buggy. Installed CM7 and have never been happier. All of the critical functions on my phone work perfectly and I am good to go now.

Too bad for the GPA builds. They really do seem to provide surprising speed just not reliable functionality on the parts of the phone that are important, mainly being able to make and receive calls without any problems.

Maybe one day I will switch back, who knows.
  3. buellboy9

buellboy9 New Member

That's funny. I gave up on CyanogenMod 7.0.3 a looooong time ago because, as nice as it seemed out of the box, it made my phone too damned unreliable to use as a PHONE.

The phone would ring, and continue ringing during a call. After the call ended, I couldn't get data (3G) back reliably. Constant, random reboots, the camera would lock up for no reason. I figured, before I ended up dropping my phone on a railroad track, I'd better revert back to a FroYo build. Gingerbread just wasn't cutting it.

I haven't tried GPA16 yet... but I've been watching this space and the feedback indicates most people are having a LOT less issues with it than with CM7.

YMMV.
  4. BeyondReality

BeyondReality New Member

This is a problem with all Droid1's running the new OS. Other people have told me that this happens on other ROMS too. Some people say switching to ChevyNo1s kernels make it stop for them. It seems like it mostly happens if you keep your phone on vibrate.

This happens to me all the time and I have to say it is by far the most annoying bug I have ever run into on a phone. It makes my phone unusuable and I am just waiting for the Bionic to come and so I can dump this because of this issue. It is a known problem but no one including Pete has been able to figure it out and fix it.

See this thread for more details:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/146682-gpa15-dialer-problem-driving-me-nuts.html

The problem has continued on to GPA16.

I hope one day there is a fix for it but from what I have seen I doubt it. No everyone has this problem and no matter what anyone tells you it has nothing to do with how you install the ROM.
  5. dparm

dparm New Member

This is exactly why I went back to Froyo. Too many bugs and annoying problems on Gingerbread. I need my phone to work.