dialer problem

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by twistedlim, Jan 13, 2011.

1. twistedlim

twistedlim Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I seem to have a dialer problem. On any custom rom I use when I say dial my voice mail, hit speaker and then enter the number, the audio echos somewhat and the recording tells me I have entered the incorrect number even though it displays the correct one. This also happens when I dial extensions. It happens with all my custom roms but the dialer works normally when I use a vanilla frg83 ir frg22 rom. Any ideas. I have totally wiped my phone. Taken off all backups on my sd card except the frg83 vanilla, done a complete factory wipe. Removed everthing from the sd card and formatted. I am at a loss.

2. gerend

gerend Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was just noticing the same thing on the last few ROMs I have tried...I don't remember it always being like that. Anyways, I am just taking it out of speaker mode when entering numbers. Not the greatest solution but it works for me.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

#2 gerend, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  3. twistedlim

twistedlim Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just can't figure out why the vanilla roms run fine. I have gone back to petes frg83deodexed and dropped all the bloat via Tibu. I will stay with that until I can figure the other out. You are correct if you don't use the speaker it seems to work fine but when I am dialing extensions I always use the speaker, esp when in the car. This is a function that is a must for me anyway. Thanks for the response.

4. twistedlim

twistedlim Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I found that by going to settings/sound/ and turning off the the touch sound it works fine other than you do not get sounds when you dial numbers (no biggie to me)

Search tags for this page

android dialer problems

android phone dialer problem
android x smartphone problem with dialer
cliq 2 dialer problems
cliq2 dialer app not functioning
droid bionic verizon dialer problem
droid dialer failure