Dialer pad missing...

dmv4

Reaction score
Hello... on my Moto Z4, the phone icon, when i open it, i don't show the dialer pad, anybody know how i can reinstall the dialer pad... Thank You.. dave

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
What tab does the dialer default to when it opens? Is the blue & white checker symbol not visible in the bottom right corner? That's the new dialer icon

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
D

dmv4

Reaction score
Hello... on my Moto Z4, the phone icon, when i open it, i don't show the dialer pad, anybody know how i can reinstall the dialer pad... Thank You.. dave

OP
D

dmv4

Reaction score
Hello.. I don't know what you mean about the "Tab". but when i press the phone icon, all i get is my contacts icon, NO phone dialer tab to dial a number without using the contact list.... Thank You.. totally confused on this...sigh..

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Across the bottom of the Dialer screen, do you see four tabs for Favorites, Recent, Contacts and maybe Voicemail? Like in my screenshot. And do you see the blue circle with the white dots? That blue circle with the white dots is the manual dialer, if the number you are calling not already in your contacts. Tap the icon and manually enter the number > tap dial (the green call symbol).

Edit: Can't attach a screenshot right now, keep getting a fail to upload error

OP
D

dmv4

Reaction score
Hello.. I don't know what you mean about the "Tab". but when i press the phone icon, all i get is my contacts icon, NO phone dialer tab to dial a number without using the contact list.... Thank You.. totally confused on this...sigh..

OP
D

dmv4

Reaction score
Hello, mine just shows left blue circle for phone, red circle for chat white circle with M inside then gear wheel for settings circle, last circle is camera...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Let's kind of start from the beginning. On your home screen, the app icons at the bottom come prearranged in a certain order, but you can change that; remove the icon shortcut, add different app icon shortcuts, etc. So not everyone's home screen setup will look the same. Here is an example of mine, with the Phone app icon on the bottom left.

0e6dc7164b2cb843d0f45d52bb744706.jpg

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Moto Z4 like many other Moto phones runs a very close to stock Android OS (operating system). Moto uses mostly stock Google apps, like the Phone / Dialer app. When you open the Phone app, you have four "tabs" across the bottom of the screen, for Favorites, Recent, Contacts, and maybe Voicemail. These tabs show you contacts and recent calls so you can just tap an entry to make a call.

Do you see those four tabs across the bottom of your Phone app? Like my screenshot?

To open a manual dialer screen where you type in a number instead of selecting a number from a list, tap the blue & white circle icon.

Do you have the blue & white circle icon on your Phone app screen?
676acd32f2fcd7ab03655e48a2e26f74.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
After tapping the blue & white manual dialer icon you should be at a screen where you can manually type a number and then tap the green call icon.

Is this what you see in your phone?
45954a5916edfc9aecdfe2efd5c7b4c5.jpg

OP
D

dmv4

Reaction score
Let's kind of start from the beginning. On your home screen, the app icons at the bottom come prearranged in a certain order, but you can change that; remove the icon shortcut, add different app icon shortcuts, etc. So not everyone's home screen setup will look the same. Here is an example of mine, with the Phone app icon on the bottom left.

0e6dc7164b2cb843d0f45d52bb744706.jpg

OP
D

dmv4

Reaction score
well, mine doesn't look like yours, but i did find out when i tap the phone tab, and tap "recents" then the dialer comes up to the right.... strange to me, nothing looks like your...sigh.. Thank YOU though for all the help....

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
well, mine doesn't look like yours, but i did find out when i tap the phone tab, and tap "recents" then the dialer comes up to the right.... strange to me, nothing looks like your...sigh.. Thank YOU though for all the help....
I don't have a Moto Z4 anymore. I used to. Now I have a Pixel 4. Moto probably uses an older version of the Google Phone app. As long as you know how to get to the manual dialer screen all is good.

OP
D

dmv4

Reaction score
After tapping the blue & white manual dialer icon you should be at a screen where you can manually type a number and then tap the green call icon.

OP
D

dmv4

Reaction score
I don't have a Moto Z4 anymore. I used to. Now I have a Pixel 4. Moto probably uses an older version of the Google Phone app. As long as you know how to get to the manual dialer screen all is good.