Dialer One Best dialer replacement app

bossofindy

Reaction score
I havent seen this app posted but I've seen questions about contacts and dialer apps. In my opinion this should've been the the stock dialer. The best feature is the speed dial, assign contacts to numbers. Dialer One check it out in the market

Spartan

Reaction score
Appreciate the post to this. This was one of the big features I really missed about my BB. So much quicker than scrolling thru contacts to get a number. I have been using it all day and love it.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Nice, thanks. I was looking through all the alternate dialers out there but this is the one... and free, too.

Mainly, I missed having speed dials by long pressing numbers. With this, you get that feature back.

yamaha83

Reaction score
You can search for contacts by name in the stock dialer... just hit the looking glass. You can even do it from the home screen. That dialer was OK but it wouldn't bring in my Facebook pics and now that I'm on DE theme I want my dialer to match and I don't see any features it has that stock doesn't...

Phreaker47

Reaction score
You can search for contacts by name in the stock dialer... just hit the looking glass. You can even do it from the home screen. That dialer was OK but it wouldn't bring in my Facebook pics and now that I'm on DE theme I want my dialer to match and I don't see any features it has that stock doesn't...

It has speed dial, so you can set keypad digits to dial selected contacts just by long-pressing the digit. That's what I missed the most from previous phones. I personally could care less about any Facebook integration but I see people complaining about that in the comments too. You can just import pics for each contact into the phone's native phonebook, and that's really easy to do from gmail on a PC. Why is it so important to get them directly from FB?

Also, you can customize the exact view you want each time it starts. That's also something the default dialer doesn't do. So I can have "favorites" and the dialpad on the screen every time it starts. Perfect.

You can also set the theme (background black, white, or wallpaper) and change the font colors, but I guess what you're saying is you don't get your modified fonts.

gunit

Reaction score
Dumb question but how do you set the speed dial? It says in the context menu of the contact, but where is that?

Great program so far!

ice456789

Reaction score
Dumb question but how do you set the speed dial? It says in the context menu of the contact, but where is that?

Great program so far!
Long press on a contact in the app. It comes up with a menu, select "Speed Dial".

Thanks for this thread. Didn't know this program existed but it is phenomenal.

Wolfee57

Reaction score
Sweet, this is the one thing I missed from BB. Even my Palm Treo had a better dialer then stock Droid! :woot:

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also look at aContacts by the same dev...has a few more features, actually, but it can't see exchange contacts, only google, so I wasn't able to use it.

Either is excellent...

EDIT: Oops...was looking at aContacts again and it indicates not fully compatible w/2.0...so Dialer One is the one for those w/newer android version.

lomaloalou

Reaction score
I was taking my Droid back! THanks...just an FYI...your contact list as you HOLD the name will not give you the speed dial option if you are in "CALL LOG". I used Favorites---since they were the calls made the most!
:motdroidhoriz:

dpbklyn

Reaction score
Dialer One Problem?

Hello all, and thank you in advance...

I have been using Dialer One on my Orig. Droid then when I switched to a Droid X, I noticed a problem...

When I end a call, The phone moves automatically puts me to the contacts list in the standard Dialer (not Dialer One). I have Dialer One set as my default dialer.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

dp

3dutch1999

Reaction score
Anyone know of a dialer app that shows date and time in call history?