Dialer not working properly after loading Apex

Dr. Phil

Reaction score
I just recently rooted my D2, and am using the Apex 1.4 rom. The first time I tried to dial a number not in my contacts, it just crashed the dialer. Any time I click on the number pad tab, it closes. I can call from contacts, recent calls, and favorites. Could this be because of the new rom? Has anyone experienced this, and is there a fix besides restoring stock settings? I'm also overclocked using Droid Overclock, if that could be causing it. My normal profile is 900 min / 1350 max, it's been stable otherwise...

AthruZ79

Reaction score
I just recently rooted my D2, and am using the Apex 1.4 rom. The first time I tried to dial a number not in my contacts, it just crashed the dialer. Any time I click on the number pad tab, it closes. I can call from contacts, recent calls, and favorites. Could this be because of the new rom? Has anyone experienced this, and is there a fix besides restoring stock settings? I'm also overclocked using Droid Overclock, if that could be causing it. My normal profile is 900 min / 1350 max, it's been stable otherwise...

I have the same problem and I have a DX... Nobody seems to want to help me with this issue in other forums... Did you ever get yours working?

OP
D

Dr. Phil

Reaction score
Nah, still having the problem. Are you running apex?

Also can't call numbers from websites. It highlights them in blue, but when I click it either crashes the browser or does nothing. I have to use the voice search command "call __________ " and speak the number to dial anything not in my contacts. Sucks to have a phone that doesn't, well, make phone calls lol. If anyone can help id appreciate it. Id like to not have to switch roms without knowing if that's the problem.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

AthruZ79

Reaction score
Yep, just installed the latest version of Apex last week.. I love this ROM but want to get the phone working somehow..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App