Dialer issue

9wire

Reaction score
Really liking this rom, came from SS roms on my D1, and had zero issues so far, but just now my phone quit working. I go to my phone and contacts would load, but go to dialer and it would kick me out to the home screen. Not FC, just boot me to the home screen. Ran fix permissions on rom manager, no joy, ended up doing a restore and all good. Only recent changes are the themed keyboard and the leaked music player, uninstalled the music player.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Really liking this rom, came from SS roms on my D1, and had zero issues so far, but just now my phone quit working. I go to my phone and contacts would load, but go to dialer and it would kick me out to the home screen. Not FC, just boot me to the home screen. Ran fix permissions on rom manager, no joy, ended up doing a restore and all good. Only recent changes are the themed keyboard and the leaked music player, uninstalled the music player.

Did you install this with ROM Manager? I know it seems like the easy way for

for ROM installations, especially if your not comfortable moving around in Clockwork

yourself. But a LOT of issues come from installing any ROM with ROM manager.

I highly recommend doing a fresh install yourself. I haven't seen this issue yet but will look

into it further.

Are you still on a D1 or now on a DX? Please clarify since your avatar/info says "D1."

Thank you :)

OP

9wire

Reaction score
I traded up to the DX. Everything was installed via bootstrap/clockwork with a wipe before installing. Phone was bone stock, but I upgraded to .340 with the .zip before installing the rom. I did a lot of mods to my D1, so not a total noob, but very far from an expert on these things.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I traded up to the DX. Everything was installed via bootstrap/clockwork with a wipe before installing. Phone was bone stock, but I upgraded to .340 with the .zip before installing the rom. I did a lot of mods to my D1, so not a total noob, but very far from an expert on these things.

Ok, just checking. Did you mount system before wipe?

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

OP

9wire

Reaction score
No. Honestly, I didn't know I could, or that it was a good idea. Had the rom for about a week, no problems at all, just since I installed the keyboard and music player. Also noticed some minor glitches today, like while listening to a certain album on my bluetooth, I would pause the music, and when I pushed play, it started playing a random song instead of resuming the album. Didn't use the dialer today, all my calls were from the contacts list. Seems like if it was an issue with the rom, it would have appeared elsewhere by now.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
No. Honestly, I didn't know I could, or that it was a good idea. Had the rom for about a week, no problems at all, just since I installed the keyboard and music player. Also noticed some minor glitches today, like while listening to a certain album on my bluetooth, I would pause the music, and when I pushed play, it started playing a random song instead of resuming the album. Didn't use the dialer today, all my calls were from the contacts list. Seems like if it was an issue with the rom, it would have appeared elsewhere by now.

Well I've been watching and answering questions to threads in DF here and over at MDW and haven't heard of these issues. I just know that the "mount system" was in the OP for installation. And those that installed without doing so have had more problem then the ones who did.

In all honesty, I hardly see any bugs in this ROM. I know I don't have any right now.

JMTownsend might know. But I would start with a fresh install.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

NattyBee

Reaction score

Which themed keyboard?
Ummm...Chkmate is correct...when installing, you want to follow dev instructions exactly...you may want to do a clean install and see if you still have the issue...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP

9wire

Reaction score
The themed IME by Gregtard. Not blaming it, but there's only been 2 things changed since I started having the problem.
EDIT: Forgot, I've been playing with some of the fontpacks from XDA, and installed the black market as well.

NattyBee

Reaction score
The themed IME by Gregtard. Not blaming it, but there's only been 2 things changed since I started having the problem.
EDIT: Forgot, I've been playing with some of the fontpacks from XDA, and installed the black market as well.
Gotcha. Just curious...i've been using that keyboard without issue, so I don’t believe that's the issue...

try this (I have installed following this exact method with no issues):

make sure to get DS4.2 and the market update from the 4.2 OP...then:

Open Bootstrapper
Bootstrap Recovery
Reboot Recovery
Backup and restore
Backup (better safe than sorry!)
Mounts and Storage
Mount system
Back to main recovery
Wipe data/factory reset
Install zip from sdcard
Choose zip from sdcard
Select darkslide 4.2
Install
Back to main recovery
Install zip from sdcard
Choose zip from sdcard
Select Black Market
Install
Back to main recovery
Install zip from sdcard
Choose zip from sdcard
Select DarkSlide-latinIME.zip
Install
Reboot
Test out...

Ok- another thing...before you modify the rom/install updates...backup. every time. Might waste 5 minutes, but you'll be glad you did it if you get any issues (or if you just don’t like the changes)

Keep me updated :)

OP

9wire

Reaction score
Fresh download, fresh mount,wipe and install. Did the wipe because I went without the blur this time.

OP

9wire

Reaction score
So far so good. Wouldn't change a thing on this rom, only wish it had something like chevytools.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
So far so good. Wouldn't change a thing on this rom, only wish it had something like chevytools.

Well there is a voting poll on a tool box. Don't think its gonna do any good to vote but others want one.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

NattyBee

Reaction score

As a longtime SS user...I gotta say ChevyNo1 Tools was a very handy feature, but I personally like DS the eay it is ;)

OP

9wire

Reaction score
I'd like to have it, but far tom a deal breaker. I can live without it.