Dialer functionality when on another network

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by hematose, Jul 16, 2012.

1. hematose

hematose New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I am using the Verizon branded DROID3 in Canada on Koodo/Telus. Setting it up properly has been a fight, but after some debloat and (particularly) setting ro.mot.phonemode.vzwglobalphone=0 and ro.telephony.gsm-routes-us-smsc = 0 in build.prop, my phone finally shows the correct signal bars and can send and received MMS messages properly.

There is still one big problem that I'm trying to sort out. Whenever I dial a call, the dialer app seems to hang up and then redial the number right away. This by itself isn't a really big problem, but the result seems to be that I can't get any of my pause / wait command strings to work as they are all stripped out in the second call.

Does anyone know how to get pause/wait commands to work when using GSM/UMTS on another network?

Also, does anyone know how ro.mot.FTR.33857=true manifests itself in the operation of the phone? I would love to stop the phone from asking me to switch to global mode every time I am in a no-signal area.

If any other users in my situation have any suggestions about other tweaks, I'm all ears!

Thanks!

2. stereoactivo

stereoactivo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bump to this one. I set 33587 to false, but the phone always ask to switch to global mode

Sent from my deceased Nokia 5125 using Hell to Earth Tapatalk

3. pistacio

pistacio Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Would the assisted dialing options have anything to do with that? Dialer>menu>assisted dialing>country settings

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

4. hematose

hematose New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the suggestions.

33587 doesn't seem to make any difference for me; I can't figure out what it actually does.

I've had assisted dialing turned off and on, but it doesn't seem to make a difference for pauses/delays etc.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Search tags for this page
#ro.mot.ftr.33857
assisted dialing razr m
how to edit assistive dial on samsung galaxy nexus
how to stop switch to global mode messages
menu dialer
ro telephony default
ro.telephony.default network

ro.telephony.gsm-routes-us-smsc

setup assisted dialing gs3
tuneoff assisted dialing bulid.prop