Dialer functionality when on another network

hematose

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am using the Verizon branded DROID3 in Canada on Koodo/Telus. Setting it up properly has been a fight, but after some debloat and (particularly) setting ro.mot.phonemode.vzwglobalphone=0 and ro.telephony.gsm-routes-us-smsc = 0 in build.prop, my phone finally shows the correct signal bars and can send and received MMS messages properly.

There is still one big problem that I'm trying to sort out. Whenever I dial a call, the dialer app seems to hang up and then redial the number right away. This by itself isn't a really big problem, but the result seems to be that I can't get any of my pause / wait command strings to work as they are all stripped out in the second call.

Does anyone know how to get pause/wait commands to work when using GSM/UMTS on another network?

Also, does anyone know how ro.mot.FTR.33857=true manifests itself in the operation of the phone? I would love to stop the phone from asking me to switch to global mode every time I am in a no-signal area.

If any other users in my situation have any suggestions about other tweaks, I'm all ears!

Thanks!

stereoactivo

Reaction score
Bump to this one. I set 33587 to false, but the phone always ask to switch to global mode

Sent from my deceased Nokia 5125 using Hell to Earth Tapatalk

pistacio

Reaction score
Would the assisted dialing options have anything to do with that? Dialer>menu>assisted dialing>country settings

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
H

hematose

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions.

33587 doesn't seem to make any difference for me; I can't figure out what it actually does.

I've had assisted dialing turned off and on, but it doesn't seem to make a difference for pauses/delays etc.

Anyone else have any ideas?