Dial Pad won't theme correctly

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by androidfan44, Jul 23, 2011.

1. androidfan44

androidfan44 New Member

I've been searching around for a couple hours to try to solve this problem, but I haven't found anything. Hence the post.

The problem that the images for the dial pad keys will not show up themed, even though they are changed (dial_num_*_wht and dial_num_*_blk). I've changed them in Contacts.apk, Dialer.apk, and Phone.apk just to be sure.

No matter what I try, my screen ends up looking like the attached image. I did notice that since I changed my system font, the dialer seems to look like that a little bit. Perhaps it is located in some XML file, I just can't figure out which one.

Any help is greatly appreciated. It's the last thing I need to complete the theme.
  2. listenman20

listenman20 Member

i believe those images are in framework-res/drawable-hdpi....look for sym_keyboard_num***
  3. androidfan44

androidfan44 New Member

The ones in there are black on my version of the framework. I think that's for something else.
  4. androidfan44

androidfan44 New Member

Got it

If anyone stumbles upon this and cares, the dial pad text color is defined in one of the XML files. I just went in and changed everything that said @color/white to "#ffcc0000" (a red color) and it that worked. (See attached image)
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
Search tags for this page

dialpad android apk

galaxy s 4 how to change dial pad color

galaxy s4 change dial pad color

how to change dial pad color on s4

how to change phone pad droid incredible

how to change the dial pad on android