dial pad issue

apathetican

Reaction score
I have noticed recently that while in a phone call if I need to access the dial pad I have to hit the key 3 times to get it to open. I also notice that after hitting the dial pad key the first time three blue areas appear at the very bottom of the screen. Has anybody else experienced this?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I haven't. I just called my office number from my phone and the first time I hit the dial pad button it opened right up. Once opened, there was a blue line underneath the dial pad button, I guess to let you know it's open. That might be why you see the blue areas. Have you tried a phone cache clear & re-boot? If that does not resolve it, you could try Settings > Apps > scroll over to ALL > scroll down & select Phone > then select Clear Cache to clear out the phone app cache.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have noticed recently that while in a phone call if I need to access the dial pad I have to hit the key 3 times to get it to open. I also notice that after hitting the dial pad key the first time three blue areas appear at the very bottom of the screen. Has anybody else experienced this?
Yes.. I got this issue with the last update.. I tried a factory reset.. No improvement.. I noticed that if i called (for instsnce) verizon.. After the the click to call... The dial pad would disappear.. And i had to tap a few times to get it to come up.. Afiak there's not a fix..

I can also say that not all maxx's have this issue.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for the update @94lt1...I didn't know about the issue. It's strange how some of these things affect some phones & not others. I wonder if the option to set dial pad always on for custom numbers would make the dial pad appear for the phones that do have the issue? Open Phone > menu > Settings > Show Dialpad > Check Custom Numbers > Custom Phone Number > enter the numbers you want and then exit. It's just a thought...might be a workaround for the folks that experience the issue...if it works.

OP
A

apathetican

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. Just on a guess I switched the runtime from ART back to Delvik and the the dial pad started working normally again. I then switched back to ART and it is still working as it should... So I really don't know what happened but that seemed to fix it!