DF's official Game Of Thrones Chat

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Great show, blah blah blah, but to go over a year for an 8 episode season is unacceptable, I need more GOT's.

The timeframe this season has been a little ridiculous and the lack of key player deaths when they should have clearly died is suspect. Despite this, still the greatest show on TV IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

DougDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Whelp, things are about to get real! Wonder what is going to happen with Jon and Dany now? Love what happened to Littlefinger.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
oh man, it was an intense episode! Quite surprised about the twist with little finger, but finally happy to see him meet his fate. I thought for sure Jaime was a goner, glad to see him escape.

Good ending for season 7 and now I'm pumped and ready for season 8. Bring on the Great War!

game-of-thrones-knight-king.jpg

silverfang77

Reaction score
I gave a little cheer when Littlefinger got what was coming to him. I'm so glad the sisters saw through his BS. So, if Jon is a Targaryen, does that make Dany his aunt, cousin, half-sister?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Lord Baelish, if you please. What's this LittleFinger nonsense? HEHE Yea, that was very cool.

Dany is Jon's Aunt.

Blue fire from the dragon? Really? Thought that was a bit lame. The dragon is still dead. Producing fire should be something it cannot do.

silverfang77

Reaction score
I just hope any kids they have aren't as inbred and messed up as Joffrey was. *shivers*

I doubt they'll delve into the mechanics of the Night Walkers and why they can/can't do certain things. Suspension of disbelief is needed here, I guess.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Blue fire from the dragon? Really? Thought that was a bit lame. The dragon is still dead. Producing fire should be something it cannot do.

Yeah, I found that kind of strange as well. I thought it would be freezing people. How can it be fire vs ice, if both dragons breath fire?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It's dry ice lol.. Kinda cool with that blue.. Loved how they took care of Littlefinger... They are in a whole lot of trouble coming... Wish they had a longer season

Sent using Tapatalk

silverfang77

Reaction score
Wait till Jon and Dany find out that everything's relative.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Only saw the first season before I got rid of my HBO. Loved it so much that it is the only ongoing series I have ever watched faithfully. It was by far the best show I have ever watched. It has everything... suspense, mystery, shock, drama, surprise, best graphics, characters, etc, etc, etc. I bought the book series but I didn't want to watch anymore episodes until I could pick up from where I left off. A friend talked me into watching it last week. So of course I had to watch the season finale too. Can't believe I could follow it after not seeing five seasons and now I'm hooked again. I think I'm going to catch up watching the seasons I missed while I wait for next season.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't really care if it breathes blue fire (though I'm not convinced it isn't a superfreeze, which combined with velocity/force is just as destructive). What annoyed me was seeing the NK on a joy ride - an undead dragon shouldn't need a rider to do his bidding (not to mention warging), and it's also really dumb for the NK to expose himself like that.

Like many, I felt this season was often rushed and forced, and the overall quality of the show DID suffer....but still very entertaining. Still, disappointing when you think what an extra 3 hours could have done to tighten and clean-up this season.

silverfang77

Reaction score
Are they compressing the seasons because HBO d I sent want to back the series anymore?

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Are they compressing the seasons because HBO d I sent want to back the series anymore?

Technically it's an extended final season, split into two halves.

The show has had a long run and will basically clock in at 73 episodes and nearly 80 hours of cinema quality epic. Actors want more and more money, and ultimately to move onto other projects.

Huge money maker for HBO (although I think many fans are ready, and have waited a LONG TIME, to wrap this thing up). But unlike fans who never get enough of a character, for an actor they usually reach a point of "done" (or complete).