DF seems like a great place! Thrilled to be here!

slice it

Reaction score
Hey guys.....

So I'm joining basically because I wanted to gain some information as a buy/customize my upcoming droid phone.

Can I also take this introduction as an opportunity to ask for some assistance?

I'm looking to buy my first device, but I am not necessarily a android "noob" by any means. I have been following cell phone news for 3 years or so and know quite a bit about devices and android, but ironically, I have only been able to afford a crappy, old, samsung flip phone...ugh

But now I have the means to buy something nicer! yay!

So, this leads me to asking you guys......Out of all the verizon's offering right now...which do you think is the best?

Do you think I should wait until nicer phones (incredible HD etc) are released?

Appreciate the help!!!!
Glad to be here.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you can hold off, there are going to be some serious phones out for Verizon's LTE product. But that's next year depending on your area as well.
Droid 2, Droid x and Fascinate are all great phones!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
LTE still doesn't have a date set in stone, nor do the compatible devices.

Since you've been following smartphones for a while, you know that there is always something 'better' on the horizon... it's the nature of technology.

...of what's available now (even though I don't own one) I'm partial to the DX.

oh and btw... Welcome to the Forums :welcome:

Hope you enjoy it here! As time goes on, you'll be the one answering questions instead of asking... such is the natural cycle here :)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum - we are glad to have you here with us

OP
S

slice it

Reaction score
I really like the incredible, but I feel like its on its last legs.....Is there a replacement coming out soon?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. I will also second martin's recommendation for the droid x. I got a chance to really mess around with one yesterday and I must say it was very nice. I however can't go without a physical keyboard so I went with the d2. I would suggest going to the Verizon store and playing wit all of them.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really like the incredible, but I feel like its on its last legs.....Is there a replacement coming out soon?
The Incredible has been rumored to be on the retirement list at Verizon.

There is an Incredible HD coming, but the date is in question... actually kind of a hot topic right now.