Devs Don't let the D3 die PLEASE

Reaction score
I'm sure all of the you if you read this are working hard at obtaining root. The but I haven't seen or heard any updates on it. I'm sure it's hard but how's it going and what not but i have a feeling that this phone could be forgotten since root is such a challenge I may post this over and at xda so please don't complain about the double post I'm trying to get it across to different people

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
The last I heard they are trying to use what unlocked the Atrix to unlock the D3 by looking for test builds on Motorolas servers.

Sent from the Unbrickable DROID

OP
S
Reaction score
I'm sure it will but but how many Devs will jump aboard and if the bionic comes with 2.3.4 unlocked wouldn't it be as useless as the atrix method but idk we will see soon

Reaction score
I don't think a phone like the d3 will die if it never sees root or roms. Ya there are a lot of people that do that stuff but I think that there are more people that don't know anything about that stuff. I kinda laugh a little bit wnen people think tnat root is everything. Would you still buy an android phone if root never existed . I would. Ya root is cool but I don't need it to be happy.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I definitely need root to be happy, but it's not so bad since the phone hasn't been out that long.

Reaction score
Let me ask this if it never happens will you keep the phone? Now im sure that it well. It took two months for the droid x2. I undersatand that you can do great thing with a rooted phone but then again you can do great things without root not as much but a lot. The only thing im wanting to do is freeze the bloat ware and overclock. No roms. Been there done that. I like stock too much right now.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
If it doesn't get root in a reasonable amount of time, yeah I'll just sell it and get something else.