Devour-error downloading apps

Graikos

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My Sister in law has a Moto Devour. I have been looking at her phone because she having an issue downloading apps from the app market. She had no problems before but for some reason it now gets a network error. I tried doing it via wifi and the Verizon network. Nothing. I deleted some apps to make sure she had enought room. Still nothing. Does anyone have any idea's how to fix this and make me look smart? :)

Bill

itfloater

Reaction score
This one is fun, i have had it happen quite a few times now... yay 1.6...

Things to try
1. enable airplane mode and then toggle on wifi
- try downloads may or may not work
2. return to normal mode and turn off wifi
- try downloads
- i have found that wifi sometimes messes up downloads
3. Go into applications and clear the caches for the marketplace
- try downloads
- this clears out half downloads and other problems.
4. After clearing the marketplace caches clear the accounts cache, you will have to re-log into her google account on the phone.
- this works for me 9-10 times.

If none of these work then do a google search on exactly what you see when it errors... as i might have left something out. this problem is all too common unfortunately.

OP
G

Graikos

Reaction score
itfloater, Thank you for responding to my post. I really do appreciate it. You were correct, I found the answer at the Google market website. This is what it said.

Android 1.6 Users

We're receiving reports of "Download unsuccessful" messages from Android 1.6 Users with Market version 2007. We're actively investigating this issue, and hope to have a new version of Market available soon to address this issue.
In the meantime, we recommend taking the following steps to resolve this issue:
  1. Go to Home > Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications
  2. Press Menu, then touch Filter > All
  3. Scroll down and select the Market app
  4. Touch 'Uninstall updates'
This did correct the problem with her phone. I should have posted this earlier. I forgot to do that. Thank you again for taking the time to respond to my post. :)