Device Policy Dilemma

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by HoyaParanoya, Sep 28, 2012.

1. HoyaParanoya

HoyaParanoya New Member

My Droid 4 is currently synced with my work Gmail account, which is governed by our company's IT guy through the Device Policy App. Recently he installed a security feature where I have to enter a pin number to unlock my phone, just in case someone stole/found my phone and wanted to steal all of the "critical" company information in my email (sarcasm). When this change to Device Policy went into effect I immediately uninstalled the Device Policy App and deleted my work email from my phone, figuring I would just check my work Gmail from my phone's web browser. I have since reinstalled it because I miss the following:

-Work Calendar
    -Sync'd Work Contacts to my Phone

If I could somehow work around these 2 things, I would delete this cumbersome pin to unlock procedure I would, but haven't thought of a way to work around this issue. Any advice would be very helpful.

ScreenShot.jpg
  2. LoudRam

LoudRam Well-Known Member

Does your phone have pattern unlock? That adds security to your phone and is easier and faster then a pin.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums
  3. HoyaParanoya

HoyaParanoya New Member

That's not an option for the device policy app. This overrides the regular locksreen.
  4. LoudRam

LoudRam Well-Known Member

Unless someone else knows another way it looks like if you want to have access to your work accounts you have to play by their rules. If there was a work around for this then their security wouldn't be that great.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums
  5. HoyaParanoya

HoyaParanoya New Member

I guess if I want the benefits of sharing contacts / calendar, I have to deal with entering the pin number. Its such a pain.
  6. MidnightLight

MidnightLight New Member

Not much choice if you need access to your Exchange-based work email. I hate the PIN too, but I've gotten used to it after a while.