1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Development Request - Better Facebook widget

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by DataPhreak, Nov 14, 2010.

1. DataPhreak

DataPhreak New Member

Seriously, with all the complaining on the web, why has nobody done this? The app is fine, but I want notices on my home screen instantly. Wether it takes a widget, or you can make them pop up in the droid notifications bar, I want my phone to tell me instantly whenever i have messages, comments, and friend requests. Is it really that hard?
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

Being rude isn't going to get you anywhere...I get notifications from my stock app.
  3. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

+1! Get all of mine from Gmail

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)
  4. DataPhreak

DataPhreak New Member

Wasn't being rude. I was asking if it couldn't be done. And if by notifications you are referring to Facebook for Android 1.4.1, then i don't mean just a news feed and a button to reach notifications from inside the app. I want it to tell me i have notifications directly from the home screen, and preferably even play a noise when I get one. It can just load the app when I click on the notification, doesn't matter. I just want to be able to see them right there, when i bring my phone out of standby.

//edit: Don't want to clutter my gmail with annoying facebook spam either.
  5. leakim13

leakim13 New Member

The facebook App from the market is about the biggest abomination of an App i have ever seen. Its laughably horrific, notifications, send messages, full scroll, chat etc all need to be built in, i get messages with a notification now, but thats only because of Blur, it needs to be torn down and rewritten, and if i had any talent in this arena i would already be working on it, sadly i do not.
  6. DataPhreak

DataPhreak New Member

+1! Build a Facebook widget that has notifications.