Developers, please help with voice dial and Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by xkwwwx, Nov 8, 2009.

1. xkwwwx

xkwwwx Member

Who will be our saviour?
  2. gtjokester

gtjokester New Member

Personally I'd like to see the Bluetooth button activate the voice search cause it call start a call and so much more
  3. AcidBurn

AcidBurn New Member

I like that idea too. What would need to be done to accomplish this??
  4. theascended

theascended New Member

You'd probably have to disable/replace the audio gateway profile built into the OS. I didn't find any way in the SDK (granted it was only a quick look) to intercept commands from a bluetooth service.
  5. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

I agree with ascended. I haven't seen an easy way to make this work. May need to be rooted and built into a custom os. Or....an update.
  6. gtjokester

gtjokester New Member

Well hopefully now that its probably one of the biggest complaints maybe google will finally address it.. I've been using android pretty close to right after it came out so even after they get it working I'll probably forget to use it.. lol..
  7. elizabeth

elizabeth New Member

is it true the droid will not allow me to call and receive calls through my fm radio handsfree in my new nissan altima
  8. gtjokester

gtjokester New Member

it will send and recieve calls over bluetooth.. the problem is if you need to be able to activate voice dialing from a bluetooth headset or device. So it depends on how your handsfree works in the fm radio. If the bluetooth system needs to access the voicedial function on the phone this won't work.. the rest will work.. As much complaint as there has been I hope to see it worked out in the next update.. verizon already has a list of fixes scheduled to be pushed out Dec. 11th and then another update scheduled for Jan. 22nd..
  9. Nick177th

Nick177th New Member

From the list of issues scheduled to be addressed in the first update, this ain't on of them. You don't have to be hands free driving where I am now but, I'm so used to it now. I hate handling my phone while driving now.
  10. revwillie

revwillie New Member

I've been wanting this capability since I got my G1. My last phone was a MotoMING A1200 and there was a killer Voice Response system that ran in the Motorola EZX platform. I guess I'm dense, but I thought it would be easy enough to daisy chain Goog-411's voice response with Google Contacts and the built-in Android Voice dialer. I mean, look at the "navigate to" voice search feature that is in the new Google Navigation app. If they can get that working smoothly, why is the BT button on my hands-free still triggering a redial?

A Killer App if ever I could think of one.
  11. Nick177th

Nick177th New Member

From the number of responses I see to this post, i guess this is not that big of a thing to most. This is the ONLY big thing to me. The other "imperfections" are minor to me. I REALLY want them to fix this. I assign personal ringtones to everyone who is even remotely important to me so I won't have to look at my phone while driving. If you're on default ringtone, you'll get a call back whenever I get a chance. I realy really dislike that I have to pick up my phone to make a call while driving. Motorola, Verizon, please fix this.
  12. cookieluvr

cookieluvr New Member

I would say this could be the killer for me to. I love all the other features and would hate to have to give it back but it is first a foremost a phone and being able to voice dial is imperative to me. Please, someone fix this!!! I have 3 weeks more before I will have to return it if there is no fix.
  13. revwillie

revwillie New Member

I agree. And the fact that motorola's EZX devs wrote a really slick Voice Response system already bugs me. If Moto opened the source code for the EZX VR, I bet it would take less than a week for the community to port the code from that flavor of linux to Android.

Every once in a while I like to put my SIM card in my A1200 and enjoy REAL bluetooth functionality for a day.
  14. k9nikita

k9nikita Member

I totally agree!! How can a phone this advanced not have bluetooth control from the headset? I thought this was going to be fixed with the last update......? I can only hope that the devs. could get this fixed.
  15. revwillie

revwillie New Member

Waiting to see what the car home or home car suite in the nexus one can do.:reddroid:
  16. k9nikita

k9nikita Member

Sounds great! I just can't believe that the three key players in getting this phone out lacked the forthought to include that key feature! I know that the developers here could find away to fix that issue. Keep up the good work!
  17. DFXmobile

DFXmobile New Member

18. n krantz

n krantz New Member

Just got my DROID two weeks ago I can not believe that they overlooked this. Every other phone I have ever had ie curve tour storm xv6700 xv6800 had no problem doing this.

DROID does! MY A!!.

I really like the phone and operating system I have had zero problems.
  19. torogr

torogr New Member

I have had my droid three days, and the lack of voice activation through the BT headset is not only an incredible oversight in a phone this advanced, it is downright dangerous when driving. You are forced to take three steps to activate the voice dialing:
    1) Turn the phone on
    2) Unlock the phone. That is not as straightforward as it seems
    3) Fumble with the voice activation icon
    All of these steps force you to take your eyes off the road and your hand off the wheel for an extended length of time. I have had three PDA phones with this feature. It only took me a few seconds to activate the feature by hitting the button on my headset. I never took my eyes off the road. We road warriors curse the idiots who text and drive. There was a woman in I 96 a few days ago who was texting and putting on her makeup. She was also wandering all over the road.
    One could argue that you are not supposed to talk when driving; but, I am on the road for a living. What choice do I have? Waste all that time? Now I am driving just like that stupid person.

The droid is going back tomorrow, and I will ask Verizon to reactivate my old one-a Samsung SCH 760. I will keep my eye on this until the issue gets resolved. Don't hassle me for not checking this out. The Verizon salesperson assured me this would work, but could not download my contacts. Another issue not fully syncing with Outlook via cable. I don't like downloading all of my contacts on to a third party hosting service like Google; but there are apps for that one.
Search tags for this page
bluetooth voice dial android app
get rid of voice dialer on samsung android

how to turn off voice dialer on samsung intercept

samsung galaxy s3 and bluetooth in my 2009 nissan altima

samsung intercept disable voice dialer

speed dial in altima bluetooth
voice dialer turn off samsung