Developers: Official Factory Image Released of the VZW Galaxy Nexus

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
g-nex-factory-image-released-tweet.PNG

Most of our astute developers probably already know this by now, but just in case, we thought it important to share that Google has released the official factory image of the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Now, our amazing assortment of devs can break things as much as they want but can recover from bricks. Google Android software engineer Jean-Baptiste Queru kindly released this image.

Source: Google Groups - Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus Factory Image File

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
This is the kind of stuff that makes me want a Nexus phone. You get so much right out in the open for all to tinker with.

Reaction score
Yeah, you know what, why the f-ck do phones have to have locked bootloaders and it gets blamed back and forth between phone makers and carriers and yet the Galaxy Nexus comes out with everything imaginable unlocked for it for all carriers. It's such bullsh-t.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
First order of business is to see if they can do any hacking on the software buttons (back/home/menu). I'm having trouble hitting them consistently and badly miss the search/voice search button (I don't want the Google search bar at the top). Also, the real estate that Google search bar takes up is wasted.

Didn't think I'd care about roms with ICS and a more powerful phone, but I already see some different ways ICS does things that I don't much care for. Don't get me wrong, it's great overall but a major part of dissatisfaction from changing phones (or even platforms) is just re-training yourself on what has become almost intuitive.